Ahead of the official launch, The company has confirmed that Poco M2 Pro will come with 33W super-fast charging support.
Poco has announced its plan to bring a new device to India. But it is not the Poco F2 Pro that you’ve been waiting for.
Instead, the Xiaomi owned company has surprised its fans by announcing the Poco M2 Pro launch date.
The teaser image reveals a square camera bump on the back of the phone, that houses 4 cameras. A microsite for the Poco M2 Pro has appeared on Flipkart, and it says that the phone will support Superfast Charging.
The design of the phone that’s being teased appears to be similar to that of the Redmi 10X 5G that was launched in China a bout a month ago. That’s not far fetched considering that the brand did the same with the Poco X2 Pro which is in fact a rebranded Redmi K30, and the Poco F2 Pro is a remodeled Redmi K30 Pro.
If the Poco M2 Pro is a rebranded Redmi 10X 5G, it will be the first phone in India to be powered by a MediaTek Dimensity chipset. Here’s a recap of the phone’s hardware.
Redmi 10X 5G Specs
- Display: 6.57-inch AMOLED, Full HD+ 2400 × 1080 pixels, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 800 nits brightness, 4,300,000:1 contrast ratiom HDR10+, Water-drop notch, In-display fingerprint scanner, 180Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 820 @2.6GHz.
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS 2.1
- Battery: 4250 mAh, USB Type-C 22.5W Fast Charging (33W for Redmi 10X Pro)
- Main Cameras: 48MP, FOV 79°, 1.6μm pixel size + 8MP ultra wide-angle lens 119° + 2MP (10X Pro – 48MP + 8MP ultra wide-angle lens + 8MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom, 5x hybrid zoom, 30x digital zoom, OIS + 5MP macro lens, 2-10cm super macro shot)
- Selfie Camera: 16MP (10X Pro – 20MP FOV 78.5°)
- Dimensions: 164.16 x 75.75 x 8.99 mm
- Weight: 205g (Pro – 208g)
- Connectivity: 5G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, 2.4G/5G, Bluetooth 5.1, 3.5mm headphone jack, GPS, support A-GPS, Beidou, Glonass, Galileo
- Sensors: Distance sensor, Ambient light sensor, Acceleration sensor, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, Fingerprint, Linear motor, Infrared remote control
- Misc: IP53 water and dust resistance
Poco M2 Pro launch date
The Poco M2 Pro launch date has been set for July 7th in India. The event will be streamed live at 12PM.