The Poco F1 was a game changing device, and its successor the Poco F2 met similar success globally. And now it appears that the brand is prepping to launch the next phone in the flagship series. A device with the model number M2012K11AG has been certified on FCC’s website, and it has Poco F3 as the market name.
The phone runs on MIUI 12 and supports 5G mobile networks. That is all we know about the handset, but a leaked report claims that the Redmi K40 will be rebranded as the Poco F3.
That isn’t far-fetching considering that since we have seen plenty of it in the past year.
But for those of you who missed it, Redmi announced its latest flagship Redmi K40 devices a few days ago. Here’s a brief recap of the device’s specs.
Redmi K40 series specs
- Display: 6.67-inches E4 AMOLED Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 120Hz refresh rate, 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 1300 nits, HDR10+, 360Hz Touch Sampling Rate
- Operating System: Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Processor: Redmi K40 – Qualcomm Snapdragon/Adreno 650, Redmi K40 Pro/Pro+ – Qualcomm Snapgrdon 888/Adreno 660
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPPDDR5 RAM, Pro – 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1Selfie Camera: 20MP, f/2.4 aperture
- Main Cameras: Redmi K40 – 48MP, Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture + 8MP, 119° FOV ultra-wide angle, f/2.4 aperture + 5MP telemacro, f/2.4 aperture + LED flash
- Redmi K40 Pro – 64MP Sony IMX686, f/1.89 aperture, + 8MP, 119° FOV ultra-wide angle, f/2.2 aperture + 5MP telemacro, f/2.4 aperture + LED flash
- Redmi K40 Pro+ -108MP Samsung ISOCELL HM2, f/1.75 aperture, + 8MP, 119° FOV ultra-wide angle, f/2.2 aperture + 5MP telemacro, f/2.4 aperture +LED flash
- Battery: 4520mAh, 33W fast charging, USB Type-C
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Connectivity: 5G (bands: n1 / n3 / n28A / n41 / n77 / n78) Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6, 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1/5.2, BFC Beidou, Galileo, GPS, NavIC, A-GPS/GLONASS/BDS, Infrared sensor, Dolby Atmos, Dual Speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Sensors: Ultrasonic Distance Sensor, 360° Ambient Light Sensor, Acceleration Sensor, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass, X-axis Linear Motor,Color Temperature Sensor, Barometer
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm
Will the Poco F3 be launched in India?
The Redmi K30 and the Poco F2 were not launched in India, will the Poco F3 arrive at our shores? This is difficult to tell. But the reason why the previous gen flagships may not have launched here could be due to the Xiaomi Mi 10 series.
The company likely did not want to compete with its sub-brands in the flagship segment in our Country. If that is true, we think the chances of the Poco F3 and Redmi K40 being launched in India are slim, but that’s just our speculation.