Xiaomi has officially confirmed that the Mi A2 Android One exists. The company tweeted a photo of the Mi A1, captioned the next gen is here.
This tweet was from the Xiaomi Global account, and not the India account, which leads us to believe that the device may be launched elsewhere, with a world-wide availability.
It was also accompanied by hash tags which read 2 is better than 1, and Android One to indicate it is running Google’s stock OS. This kind of confirms the Mi A2 moniker.
Speaking of which, we reported about the Mi A2 and the Mi A2 Lite only a couple of days ago.
And here’s a recap of the Xiaomi Mi A2 Android One tech specs.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- Display: 5.99-inch IPS Full HD+ 2160 x 1080p @ 18:9, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 32GB/64GB/128GB + microSD
- Operating System: Android Oreo 8.1
- Battery: 3,000 mAh
- Main Cameras: 12MP Sony IMX 486 f/1.75 + 20MP Sony IMX 376 f/1.8 with LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 20MP + LED Flash
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio, USB Type C
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 75.4 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 168g
There is no mention of the Mi A2 Lite yet, but we think the company might try to save it for the launch as a surprise (at least for those who haven’t heard about it). Though the company has not officially mentioned a launch date for the Mi A2 Android One, rumours indicate that the phone could debut on July 24th.
The prices of the Mi A2 will be one to watch out for with a $350 price tag for the 4GB/32GB variant, $380 for the 4GB/64GB and $438 for the 6GB/128GB variant. That’s nearly as much as the Asus Zenfone 5Z which is a proper flagship device.
Xiaomi is also planning to launch the Mi Max 3 on July 19th, so we have plenty to look forward to from the OEM.