Earlier this month, it was reported that the Honor 5X budget smartphone, would be launched at the end of this month, in India.
And online retailer, Flipkart has made it known that it will be selling the phone in the Country.
The Honor 5X was launched at the CES 2016 tech show, on January 6th, 2016, at Las Vegas.
Honor 5X Technical Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD 1080p
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB internal storage, expandable memory via microSD card
- Rear Camera: 13 megapixels, f/2.0 aperture, 28mm wide-angle lens, blue glass infrared filter, macro mode, SmartImage 3.0 image processor, anti-reflective coating
- Front camera: 5 megapixels, f/2.4 aperture, 22mm wide-angle lens, 88-degree viewing angle
- Design: Full metal aluminum body
- Fingerprint sensor: 0.5-second unlocking time, adaptive learning, gesture controls
- Battery: 3000 mAh battery
- SIM cards: Dual SIM (Nano + micro)
- Colors: Gold, Silver and Grey
The phone is expected to be updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow when it launches. The Honor 5X has been priced at $199.99 in the US, so we can expect a similar price in India, which is roughly around Rs 13557.
The Huawei owned company will launch the device in India on January 28th, i.e., this Thursday.
It remains to be seen if Flipkart will be selling the Honor 5X exclusively.
The Flipkart page features the Honor 5X along with Po the Kung Fu Panda, as part of a promo for the third movie in the cartoon franchise which is releasing on January 29th.