Motorola has officially announced that it has begun rolling out the much awaited Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA Update for the Moto X Style and Moto X 2014.
The update is only available for Moto X Style users in India and Brazil, and for Moto X 2014 in Brazil.
David Schuster, the Senior Director of SW Product Management at Motorola, announced the news on Google+.
The update has begun seeding already, and will be rolling out to all users in the next few weeks. Additionally, Motorola says that the Moto X Pure Edition il also get the Marshmallow update in the coming weeks.
These are the changes that the Android 6.0 update brings to the devices:
- A new Memory Manager
- New Volume controls
- Do not disturb button in the quick settings panel
- System UI Tuner (longpress the settings button in the status bar to unlock it)
- Google Now on Tap
- Doze mode for optimizing battery to put the device to sleep when it is idle
- App Standby to reduce battery battery drain
- Expandable Storage support which enables using microSD cards as external storage or internal storage for apps and games
- RAM manager to monitor app’s memory usage
- Automatic App backup for backing up both apps and data
- Text selection improvements (new copy and paste)
For a complete list of changes, view the official release notes posted by Motorola.