The design matches what we saw in a leak last week. And it looks a lot like that of the Nintendo Gameboy Advance.
Remember the wide blank strip next to the cameras? That is actually a second mini-screen. It displays the current time, date, and the battery level. Whether it will support notifications or preview for incoming calls remains to be seen.
Also worth noting is the half open shell design, i.e. when the hinge isn’t open completely. It is possible that the device could be usable in this state, as the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip hands-on video leaked by Ben Geskin shows a lockscreen mode with a clock widget, shortcuts for phone dialer and camera.
Here’s a recap of the phone’s specs.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Specs
- Display: 6.7-inch Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity O Flex Display, 2636 x 1080 pixels, Always On, 22:9 aspect ratio, HDR10+, Hinge with 70° and 110° and 1.06-inch external screen 300 x 116 pixels, Super AMOLED Always On, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Operating System: OneUI 2.0 based on Android 10
- Processor: 2.84GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 256GB UFS 3.0
- Battery: 3,300mAh, 15W Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 12MP Dual Pixel 70° f/1.8 aperture OIS + 12MP Ultra wideangle lens f/2.2 aperture 123° FOV, HDR 10+
- Selfie Camera: 10MP dual pixel, f/2.4 aperture, 80 ° FOV, auto focus, voice control
- Dimensions: opened 167.9 x 73.6 x 6.9-7.2 mm, closed 167.9 x 73.6 x 15.4-17.3 mm
- Weight: 183g
- Model Number:
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip price has been rumoured to come with a hefty price tag of 1500 Euros (about Rs. 1,18,000 or $1650). It is expected to be launched during the Galaxy Unpacked event that has been scheduled for February 11th, along with the the Galaxy S20 announcement.