This is the upcoming phone from the South Korean Electronics giant. The Galaxy Z Flip is equipped with a 6.7-inch Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity O Display that has a resolution of 2636 x 1080 pixels, a 22:9 aspect ratio and supports Always On Display and HDR10+. It opens and rests at 70° and 110° Hinge positions, and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
The company already has some experience with flexible screens with the Galaxy Fold, but the clamshell design seen in the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip leaked photos is something else. It has a 1.06-inch Super AMOLED external screen with a resolution of 300 x 116 pixels, that also supports Always On display.
The Galaxy Z Flip is powered by a 2.84GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ processor, with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. The phone will be available in Black, purple colours.
The inner screen has a punch-hole camera at the top center with a 10MP dual pixel lens, that has an f/2.4 aperture, 80° FOV, and supports auto focus, voice control. The cameras on the back comprise a 12MP Dual Pixel 70° lens with an f/1.8 aperture, support for optical stabilization, and a 12MP Ultra wide angle lens with an f/2.2 aperture, 123° FOV, HDR 10+.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip leaked images do not show a 3.5mm headphone jack. A USB Type-C port is placed at the bottom for charging the 3,300 mAh battery in the phone. A fingerprint scanner is located on the side of the device.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Specs
- Display: 6.7-inch Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity O Flex Display, 2636 x 1080 pixels, Always On, 22:9 aspect ratio, HDR10+, Hinge with 70° and 110° and 1.06-inch external screen 300 x 116 pixels, Super AMOLED Always On, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Operating System: OneUI 2.0 based on Android 10
- Processor: 2.84GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 256GB UFS 3.0
- Battery: 3,300mAh, 15W Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 12MP Dual Pixel 70° f/1.8 aperture OIS + 12MP Ultra wideangle lens f/2.2 aperture 123° FOV, HDR 10+
- Selfie Camera: 10MP dual pixel, f/2.4 aperture, 80 ° FOV, auto focus, voice control
- Dimensions: opened 167.9 x 73.6 x 6.9-7.2 mm, closed 167.9 x 73.6 x 15.4-17.3 mm
- Weight: 183g
- Model Number: SM-F700
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip expected price
WinFuture says that the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip price will reportedly be set at around 1500 Euros, which is about Rs. 1,18,000 or $1650. The device could be announced shortly after the Galaxy S20 series is made official in the 2nd week of February.