The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Indian variant has just been announced. The South Korean electronics giant had launched the phone in Europe recently, and there are some differences between the global version and the new model.
The phone sports a 6.2 inches Full HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-O display with a 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 407PPI and has an optical in-display fingerprint scanner.
Unlike the global variant, the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Indian variant is not powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor or support 5G mobile networks. Instead, the phone uses an octa-core Exynos 990 chipset with 4G LTE. The handset has 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, with a microSD card that supports up to 1TB of additional memory.
The camera department of the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Indian variant has triple cameras comprising a 12MP primary lens with an f/1.8 aperture, Optical Image Stabilization, a 12MP ultra wide-angle lens with a 123° FOV, f/2.2 aperture, an 8MP telephoto lens that has an f/2.0 aperture, 30x Space Zoom and an LED Flash. The device is backed by a 4,500 mAh battery that supports 15W Fast Charging over a USB Type-C port. The phone is rated IP68 for water resistance.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Indian variant Specs
- Display: 6.2 inches Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, Super AMOLED Infinity-O, 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 407PPI
- Operating System: Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- Processor: octa-core, Exynos 990
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB UFS 3.1 + up to 1TB via microsd card (Hybrid Dual SIM)
- Battery: 4500mAh, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, 15W Fast Charging, Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, USB PD 3.0
- Main Cameras: 12MP, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, + 12MP ultra wide-angle 123° FOV, f/2.2 aperture + 8MP telephoto lens, f/2.0 aperture, 30x Space Zoom, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP, f/2.0 aperture, 80° FOV
- Dimensions: 159.8 x 74.5 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 190g
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano), 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4G+5GHz, HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Wi-Fi Direct, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo, NFC
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor
- Security: Optical Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- Water Resistance: IP68
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE price in India
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE has been priced at Rs. 49,999 in India. The phone will be available for pre-booking from October 9th, and will be available for purchase from October 16th via Amazon, Samsung India online store, and offline channels. The device comes in 5 colours: Cloud Red, Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, Cloud Navy and Cloud White.
Buyers can avail Rs. 4,000 cashback when purchasing the phone with HDFC Bank cards, Samsung e-store benefits worth Rs. 4000 and Upgrade Bonus of Rs. 3000.