The company’s India chief, Manu Jain, tweeted a teaser that says a brand new beast from Redmi with unparalleled speed, unparalleled power, unparalleled camera is coming soon. The message was accompanied by an image featuring a belt with the words Undisputed Champion.
Redmi Note 9 launch teased
If you observe the image closely you can see the words Redmi and Note on the straps of the belt, while the centerpiece has the number 9 in it. It is evident from this that the teaser is about the Redmi Note 9 launch in India. The same image has been spotted on Amazon India’s website which tells us it will be part of “Amazon Specials”, i.e,, exclusive to the platform.
The phone had been announced in China two months ago, so here’s a recap of the device’s specs.
Redmi Note 9 Specs
- Display: 6.53 inches Full HD+ 2340 x 1080 pixels LCD, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, punch-hole camera, 90% screen to body ratio, 450 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, TUV Rheinland certified
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G85
- Memory: 3/4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB + dedicated microSD card slot
- Battery: 5020 mAh, 18W Fast Charging
- Main Cameras: 48MP Samsung GM2 1/2.25″ sensor, 1.6 µm Pixel Size, f/1.79 aperture, 8MP Ultra-Wide f/2.2 aperture 118° FOV + 2MP Macro AF (2-10cm) + 2MP 1.75 µm f/2.4 Depth Camera
- Selfie Camera: 13MP Punch Hole
- Misc: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Colours: Forest Green, Midnight Grey, Polar White
We can expect more news about the Redmi Note 9 launch date in India in the following days.