The Chinese OEM is calling the device the “undisputed champion”, which is probably a reference to the fact that it is a good in all departments (camera, processor, display, battery etc).
Information about the device is no secret, because the Redmi Note 9 was launched in China last month. Let’s take a quick look at its specs.
Redmi Note 9 Specs
- Display: 6.53 inches Full HD+ 2340 x 1080 pixels LCD, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, punch-hole camera, 90% screen to body ratio, 450 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, TUV Rheinland certified
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G85
- Memory: 3/4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB + dedicated microSD card slot
- Battery: 5020 mAh, 18W Fast Charging
- Main Cameras: 48MP Samsung GM2 1/2.25″ sensor, 1.6 µm Pixel Size, f/1.79 aperture, 8MP Ultra-Wide f/2.2 aperture 118° FOV + 2MP Macro AF (2-10cm) + 2MP 1.75 µm f/2.4 Depth Camera
- Selfie Camera: 13MP Punch Hole
- Misc: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Colours: Forest Green, Midnight Grey, Polar White
Redmi Note 9 India launch date
The Redmi Note 9 India launch date is set for 20th July. The announcement will take place in a virtual event that will be streamed online at 12 PM.
Meanwhile, Xiaomi has been increasing the Redmi Note 8 price over time. The device which launched for Rs. 9,999 now costs Rs. 12,499 after multiple price hikes of Rs. 500 each in the past few months.