Xiaomi is set to officially launch Redmi Note 8 Pro in India next week, which will be their first smartphone with a 64MP sensor. The official announcement came during the Redmi 8 launch today (which is basically the Redmi 8A with Dual camera and higher memory).
Redmi Note 8 Pro is already official in China that was launched almost one & a half months back. The launch teaser includes some clues like bigger battery, ultra-fast storage, 4 cameras and so on, but thanks to the official launch in China we already know the specifications of the phone.
Redmi Note 8 Pro sports a 6.5-inch FullHD+ display with a water-drop notch display having19:5:9 aspect ratio & Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It is backed by an octa-core MediaTek Helio G90T gaming CPU along with 6GB/8GB of RAM. There is some speculation that Xiaomi may launch a Snapdragon variant and may not use the MediaTek Helio G90T for India, but again it’s just a speculation.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro has a different back panel design, with 3 cameras and a fingerprint scanner placed in a vertical bump, and a depth sensor just outside with an LED Flash. The camera sensors include 64MP primary Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor having 1/1.72″, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, an 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 1.12μm pixel size, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro lens, f/2.4 aperture, 2cm, 1.75μm pixel size. The front camera on the Note 8 Pro is a 20MP selfie lens.
It runs on MIUI 10 based on the Android 9 Pie operating system and comes with 64GB/128Gb storage with microSD card support up to 256GB, with the Hybrid Dual SIM tray. A 4500 mAh battery backs the phone and supports 18W fast charging over a USB Type-C port.
Redmi Note 8 Pro specs
- Display: 6.5-inch LCD Full HD+ 2340 × 1080 pixels, 19:5:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G90T octa-core
- GPU: Mali-G76 3EEMC4 @800MHz
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 + up 256GB via microSD card
- Battery: 4500mAh, USB Type-C, 18W fast charging
- Rear Cameras: 64MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor, 1/1.72″, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture + 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 1.12μm pixel size + 2MP depth sensor + 2MP macro lens, f/2.4 aperture, 2cm, 1.75μm pixel size + LED flash, EIS
- Selfie lens: 20MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner (rear-facing)
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, 3.5mm headphone jack, FM Radio, IR sensor, Smart PA speaker
- Dimensions: 161.3×76.4×8.79 mm
- Weight: 199.8g
- Misc: IP52 Splash resistance
Apart from the Pro Variant, the standard variant of Redmi Note 8 may also launch on the same day.