The Redmi Note 8 Pro has just been announced along with the Note 8, in China. This is what the Pro variant boasts.
The phone is equipped with a 6.5-inch FullHD+ display with a water-drop notch display, and a 19:5:9 aspect ratio. The LCD panel has a curved 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for protection. The Note 8 Pro is backed by an octa-core MediaTek Helio G90T gaming CPU, with 6GB/8GB of RAM.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro has a different back panel design, with 3 cameras and a fingerprint scanner placed in a vertical bump, and a depth sensor just outside with an LED Flash. The camera specs are as follows: 64MP primary camera with a Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor, 1/1.72″, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, an 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 1.12μm pixel size, a 2MP depth sensor and a 2MP macro lens, f/2.4 aperture, 2cm, 1.75μm pixel size.
The phone supports Phase Detect Auto-Focus and Electronic Image Stabilization for the main cameras. The front camera on the Note 8 Pro is a 20MP selfie lens. The device has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The phone runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie, and will be available in 3 variants: 6GB RAM + 64GB storage, 6GB + 64GB and 8GB + 128GB, with a microSD card that supports up to 256GB of expandable memory in the Hybrid Dual SIM tray.
A 4500 mAh battery backs the Redmi Note 8 Pro, and supports 18W fast charging over a USB Type-C port.
Redmi Note 8 Pro specs
- Display: 6.5-inch LCD Full HD+ 2340 × 1080 pixels, 19:5:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G90T octa-core
- GPU: Mali-G76 3EEMC4 @800MHz
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 + up 256GB via microSD card
- Battery: 4500mAh, USB Type-C, 18W fast charging
- Rear Cameras: 64MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor, 1/1.72″, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture + 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 1.12μm pixel size + 2MP depth sensor + 2MP macro lens, f/2.4 aperture, 2cm, 1.75μm pixel size + LED flash, EIS
- Selfie lens: 20MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner (rear facing)
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, 3.5mm headphone jack, FM Radio, IR sensor, Smart PA speaker
- Dimensions: 161.3×76.4×8.79 mm
- Weight: 199.8g
- Misc: IP52 Splash resistance
Redmi Note 8 Pro price
The Redmi Note 8 has been priced at RMB 1399 (About Rs. 14,000) in China, for the 6GB RAM variant with 64GB of storage. The 6GB/128GB model will retail for RMB 1599 (about Rs. 16,000), while the 8GB/128GB version will cost RMB 1799 (about Rs. 18,000). The phone will be available from September 3rd in China, and comes in 3 colours: White, Jade Green and Electric Gray.
We expect the Snapdragon 712 Redmi Note 8 Pro variant to be launched soon in India.