The Redmi 8 is official. The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor, which may be seen as a huge downgrade from the Redmi 7 which has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 chipset.
In terms of memory, the Redmi 8 has a 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB of storage. There is a dedicated microSD card slot on the Redmi 8, which supports up to 512GB of expandable memory. The screen on the device is a 6.22-inches HD+ display, with a water-drop notch and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The Redmi 8 sports dual cameras with a 12MP Sony IMX363 sensor with an f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, a 2MP secondary sensor and Dual Phase Detect Auto Focus. The cameras support Google Lens. The selfie lens is an 8MP sensor which supports Face Unlock. The phone has a rear placed fingerprint scanner.
The Redmi 8 is backed by a 5000mAh battery, which supports 18W Fast charging over a USB Type-C port. The phone only comes with a 10W charger in the box. The device has a P2i coating and is splash-proof.
Redmi 8 specs
- Display: 6.22-inches HD+ 1520 × 720 pixels, water-drop notch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439
- Memory: 3GB/4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB storage, up to 256GB microSD
- Rear Cameras: 12MP Sony IMX363 + 2MP AI Dual camera f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, and Dual Phase Detect Auto Focus, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP AI Camera, Face Unlock
- Battery: 5000mAh, USB Type-C, 18W Fast charging (10W Fast charger in box)
- Dimensions: 156.33 × 75.4 × 9.4 mm
- Weight: 188g
- Misc: Fingerprint scanner, P2i coating
- Connectivity: 3.5mm headphone jack, IR Blaster, Wireless FM Radio
- Colours: Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Onyx Black
Redmi 8 price in India
The Redmi 8 appears to be very similar to the Redmi 8A, with the only difference being that the former has dual cameras and more RAM and storage.