The successor to the Poco X2 is here. The Poco X3 has been announced in India.
The Indian variant of the phone has a few differences compared to the Poco X3 NFC that was launched in Europe.
Difference between the Poco X3 NFC and Poco X3 Indian version
Firstly, the Poco X3 Indian version does not support NFC. The next difference is that the Indian variant is slightly heavier at 225g, compared to 215g on the NFC model. The new variant is 10.08 mm in terms of thickness as opposed to 9.4mm on the European version. That’s because the new variant has a larger battery with a capacity of 6000mAh (vs 5160mAh on the Poco X3 NFC). It supports 33W Fast Charging over a USB Type-C port.
Another notable difference is that the Poco X3 Indian version is available in three RAM/storage options – (LPDDR4x RAM/UFS2.1 Storage) 6GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB and 8GB/128GB. The differences between the European and Indian versions end there, and the rest of the specs are similar.
The Poco X3 is equipped with a 6.67-inches FHD+ LCD display that supports 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate. The panel has a 20:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi pixel density, 1500:1 Contrast Ratio, and a 91.25% screen-to-body ratio, and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The front camera housed in the punch-hole is a 20MP selfie lens with an f/2.2 aperture, 1.6μm pixel size and supports Face Unlock.
The Poco X3 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G octa-core processor with an Adreno 618 GPU, and supports LiquidCool Technology 1.0 Plus. The Hybrid SIM card tray on the phone supports up to 512GB of expandable memory. The handset runs on MIUI 12 based on Android 10 with POCO Launcher 2.0, and the company says that the phone will not have any ads.
The handset has 4 cameras on the back. The primary lens is a 64MP Sony IMX682 sensor with 1.6μm Pixel size, 1/1.73“ sensor size, an f/1.89 aperture, and is assisted by a 13MP ultra wide-angle lens with 119° FOV, f/2.2 aperture, a 2MP macro sensor, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, FF (4cm), a 2MP depth sensor 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture and an LED flash light.
The Poco X3 has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor. The device is rated for IP53 splash-proof resistance.
Poco X3 Indian version Specs
- Display: 6.67-inches FHD+ 2400 x 1080, punch-hole, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi, 1500:1 Contrast Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light certification, 91.25% screen-to-body ratio
- Operating System: MIUI 12 based on Android 10, POCO Launcher 2.0
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G (Kryo 470), 8nm process
- GPU: Adreno 618 @800MHz
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 + Up to 512GB via microSD card (Hybrid)
- Battery: 6000mAh, 33W Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 64MP Sony IMX682, 1.6μm Pixel size, 1/1.73“ sensor size, f/1.89 aperture + 13MP ultra wide-angle lens 119° FOV, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP macro sensor, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, FF (4cm) + 2MP depth sensor 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, LED flash light
- Selfie Camera: 20MP, 1.6μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 76.8 x 10.08 mm
- Weight: 215g
- Connectivity: Hybrid SIM slot (nano-SIM + nano-SIM or microSD), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Misc: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, AI Face Unlock, LiquidCool Technology 1.0 Plus
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, Linear motor, IR Blaster
- Water & Dust Resistance: IP53 splash-proof
- Colours: Shadow Gray and Cobalt Blue
Poco X3 Price in India
The Poco X3 Indian version price starts at Rs. 16,999 for 6GB/64GB variant. The 6GB/128GB version costs Rs. 18,499 while the 8GB/128GB model carries a price tag of Rs. 19,999. The device will go on sale at 12PM, on September 29th at Flipkart. The phone will be available in 2 colours: Cobalt Blue and Shadow Grey.