The Poco X3 NFC has gone official in Europe. Here’s what the successor to the Poco X2 has to offer.
The X3 sports a 6.67-inches FHD+ display with a punch-hole design, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate. It has a 20:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi pixel density, 1500:1 Contrast Ratio, and a 91.25% screen-to-body ratio. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and has received TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light certification. The selfie camera on the screen is a 20MP sensor with 1.6μm pixel size and has an f/2.2 aperture.
The handset runs on MIUI 12 based on Android 10, POCO Launcher 2.0. The Poco X3 NFC is the world’s first phone to be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G octa-core processor. It has an Adreno 618 GPU clocked @800MHz, with 6GB LPDDR4x of RAM, and 64GB/128GB of UFS 2.1 storage. The phone has a Hybrid dual sim card tray that supports up to 256GB of expandable memory.
Poco says that the X3 has LiquidCool Technology 1.0 Plus that offers Maximum heat dissipation for processor, which is 20% better than regular methods, thanks to its Multi-layer graphite and LiquidCool heat pipe. This supposedly has a 70% larger dissipation area which allows the device to cool down faster. The Poco X3 scored 301,581 points on AnTutTu Benchmark, which is higher than the Snapdragon 730’s score of 271473 points.
The Poco X3 NFC is backed by a 5160mAh battery that supports 33W Fast Charging over a USB Type-C port. In terms of optics the phone is equipped with quad cameras comprising a 64MP primary lens with a Sony IMX682 sensor with 1.6μm Pixel size, 1/1.73“ sensor size, an f/1.89 aperture, a 13MP ultra wide-angle lens with119° FOV, f/2.2 aperture, a 2MP macro sensor, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, FF (4cm), a 2MP depth sensor 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture and an LED flash light.
The phone measures 165.3 x 76.8 x 9.4 mm and weighs at 215g. The Poco X3 retains the 3.5 mm headphone jack and IR Blaster. Security wise, it has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and also supports AI Face Unlock via the front camera. The device is rated for IP53 splash-proof resistance.
Poco X3 NFC Specs
- Display: 6.67-inches FHD+ 2400 x 1080, punch-hole, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi, 1500:1 Contrast Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light certification, 91.25% screen-to-body ratio
- Operating System: MIUI 12 based on Android 10, POCO Launcher 2.0
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G (Kryo 470), 8nm process
- GPU: Adreno 618 @800MHz
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 + Up to 256GB via microSD card (Hybrid)
- Battery: 5160mAh, 33W Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 64MP Sony IMX682, 1.6μm Pixel size, 1/1.73“ sensor size, f/1.89 aperture + 13MP ultra wide-angle lens 119° FOV, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP macro sensor, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, FF (4cm) + 2MP depth sensor 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, LED flash light
- Selfie Camera: 20MP, 1.6μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 76.8 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 215g
- Connectivity: NFC, Hybrid SIM slot (nano-SIM + nano-SIM or microSD), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Misc: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, AI Face Unlock, LiquidCool Technology 1.0 Plus
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, Linear motor, IR Blaster
- Water & Dust Resistance: IP53 splash-proof
- Colours: Shadow Gray and Cobalt Blue
Poco X3 NFC price in Europe
The Poco X3 NFC has been priced at 199 Euros (about Rs. 17,300) for the 6GB/64GB model, while the 6GB/128GB version will cost 249 Euros (about Rs. 21,600). The device comes in 2 colours: Shadow Gray and Cobalt Blue.
We are not sure when/if the phone would be launched in India, but based on the company’s history, we can expect Xiaomi to offer the phone without NFC in our Country.