Oppo has introduced its flagship phone, the Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G in India. The device had debuted the series a month ago in China. The Reno5 Pro 5G is India’s first MediaTek Dimensity phone, and is powered by an octa-core Dimensity 1000+ processor clocked at 2.6GHz.
The chipset is assisted by an ARM G77 MC9 @836MHz, 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage. The Reno5 Pro 5G is equipped with a 6.53-inches curved Super AMOLED panel that has a Full HD+ resolution, a pixel density of 402 PPI, 92.1% screen-to-body ratio, and 20:9 Aspect Ratio. The screen has a 90Hz Refresh Rate, 180Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 97% NTSC Color Gamut, 100% DCI-P3, and an In-Display Fingerprint Scanner.
The Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G runs on ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11, and is backed by a 4,350 mAh battery that supports 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 Fast Charging over a USB Type-C port. The device has a 32MP punch-hole selfie camera with an f/2.4 aperture and an FOV 81°.
In the main camera department, the Reno5 Pro 5G features q a quad camera setup comprising a 64MP primary lens with an f/1.7 aperture, 81° FOV, an 8MP ultra wide-angle lens that has an f/2.2 aperture, 115° FOV, a 2MP Macro sensor, a 2MP B/W sensor both with an f/2.4 aperture and 89° FOV along with an LED Flash. The Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack. The Indian variant of the phone does not support NFC.
Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G specs
- Display: 6.53-inches Super AMOLED Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 92.1% screen-to-body ratio, 402ppi, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, 5000000:1 Contrast Ratio, 180Hz Touch Sampling Rate, In-Display Fingerprint Scanner, 97% NTSC Color Gamut, 100% DCI-P3, 500/800/1000 nits brightness
- Operating system: ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ octa-core @ 2.6GHz
- GPU: ARM G77 MC9 836MHz
- Memory: 8GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.1
- Battery: 4,350 mAh, USB Type-C, 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 Fast Charging
- Main Cameras: 64MP f/1.7 aperture, 81° FOV + 8MP ultra wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture, 115° FOV + 2MP Macro sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 89° FOV + 2MP B/W sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 89° FOV, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP, f/2.4 aperture, FOV 81°
- Audio: USB Type-C
- Connectivity: 5G N78/41/1/3/7/28/N77/78/38/40/41/1/3/7/28, 4G LTE, Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz/5.1/5.8GHz Wi-Fi 5 802.11 ac, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ QZSS/ GLONASS / Beidou / Galileo
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Geomagnetic sensor, Gravity Sensor, Gyroscope, Optical Sensor, Pedometer
- Dimensions: 159.7 x 73.2 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 173g
Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G price in India
The Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G price in India has been set at Rs. 35,990, which is more affordable than the price in China which is RMB 3400 or about Rs. 39,000. The phone will be available from January 22nd on Flipkart. The device comes in 2 colours: Astral Blue and Starry Black.