The Oppo Reno5 5G and Reno5 Pro 5G have been announced in China. The phone’s are quite similar but for differences in the display, processor, battery and memory specs. Here’s everything you need to know about the new mid-range devices.
The Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G is equipped with a 6.53-inches AMOLED Full HD+ display with 90Hz Refresh Rate, 92.1% screen-to-body ratio, 402ppi, 5000000:1 Contrast Ratio, 180Hz Touch Sampling Rate and an In-Display Fingerprint Scanner. The phone runs on ColorOS 11 based on Android 11 out of the box, and is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ processor with an ARM G77 MC9 graphics module. The Reno5 Pro 5G has 8GB/12GB of RAM, and 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 storage.
The device has a 32MP punch-hole selfie camera with an f/2.4 aperture and 81° FOV. The quad cameras on the rear comprises a 64MP primary lens with an f/1.7 aperture, an 8MP ultra wide-angle lens that has an f/2.2 aperture, a 2MP Macro sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, a 2MP B/W sensor with an f/2.4 aperture and an LED Flash. The phone supports 5G mobile networks, NFC, Wi-Fi 6 among other connectivity options. The device is backed by a 4,350 mAh battery which charges over a USB Type-C port, and supports 65W Super Vooc Fast Charging.
Apart from slightly slower RAM, the Oppo Reno5 is quite similar to the Pro model. The phone has a 6.43-inch display, is backed by a 4,200mAh battery, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor. A big difference between the two phones is that the Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack, while the Reno5 5G has the audio port.
Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G specs
- Display: 6.53-inches AMOLED Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 92.1% screen-to-body ratio, 402ppi, 5000000:1 Contrast Ratio, 180Hz Touch Sampling Rate, In-Display Fingerprint Scanner
- Operating system: ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ octa-core @ 2.6GHz
- GPU: ARM G77 MC9 836MHz
- Memory: 8GB/12GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1
- Battery: 4,350 mAh, USB Type-C, 65W Super Vooc Fast Charging
- Main Cameras: 64MP f/1.7 aperture + 8MP ultra wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP Macro sensor, f/2.4 aperture + 2MP B/W sensor, f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP, f/2.4 aperture, FOV 81°
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Audio: USB Type-C
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz/5.1/5.8GHz Wi-Fi 5 802.11 ac, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ QZSS/ GLONASS / Beidou / Galileo, NFC
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Geomagnetic sensor, Gravity Sensor, Gyroscope
- Dimensions: 159.7 x 73.2 x 7.6 mmm
- Weight: 173g
Oppo Reno5 5G specs
- Display: 6.43 Full HD+ AMOLED, 90Hz refresh rate
- Operating System: ColorOS 11 based on Android 11
- Processor: octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Memory: 8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Main Cameras: 64MP + 8MP ultra-wide angle 119°, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP macro, f/2.4 aperture + 2MP mono, f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP
- Battery: 4200 mAh, 65W Super Vooc 2.0 fast charging, USB Type-C
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions:159.1 × 73.4 × 7.9mm
- Weight: 173g
Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G price
The Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G has been priced at RMB 3,400 for the base variant with 8GB/128GB, while the 12GB/256GB will cost RMB 3,800. The phone will be available in 4 colourways: Starry Dream | Aurora Blue | Moon Night Black | Star Wish Red (New Year Edition).
Oppo Reno5 5G price
The Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G has been priced at RMB 2,700 for the 8GB/128GB version, while the 12GB/256GB model costs RMB 3,000.