The Motorola Moto Defy specs sheet has been leaked, along with a press render. The phone may appear outdated, but is in fact a rugged device.
The handset has an 8MP selfie lens housed in a water-drop notch. The display on the Moto Defy is a 6.5-inches HD+ panel with a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels, a 20:9 Aspect Ratio. The device runs on Android 10, but will be upgradeable to Android 11.
The Motorola Moto Defy specs sheet tells us it is a fairly powerful mid-ranger that features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core processor clocked at @2.0GHz, with an Adreno 610 GPU, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It has a microSD card slot for expandable storage. The phone has triple cameras on the rear with a 48MP f/1.8 aperture primary lens, a 2MP depth sensor, a 2MP macro sensor, and an LED Flash.
The handset supports 20W fast charging over a USB Type-C port, to top up the 5,000mAh battery. It is a chunky device that weighs 232g, and a thick one that measures 169.8 x 78.2 x 10.9mm.
Motorola Moto Defy specs
- Display: 6.5-inches HD+, 1600 x 720 pixels, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Operating System: Android 10 (upgradeable to Android 11)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core @2.0GHz
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB + microSD card slot
- Rear Cameras: 48MP f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor + 2MP macro sensor, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP
- Battery: 5,000 mAh, 20W TurboPower (fast charging). USB Type-C
- Security: Fingerprint scanner
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient Light, Accereomater, Gyroscope, Digital Compass, GPS
- Connectivity: Dual SIM Cards, 4G VoLTE, 3.5mm headphone jack, WiFi 2.4GHz/5GHz a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Dimensions: 169.8 x 78.2 x 10.9mm
- Weight: 232g
- Colours: Black, Forged Green
- Misc: IP68 Water and Dust resistant, MIL SPEC 810H
The Moto Defy certainly lives up to its name in that it has enormous bezels, which is surprising in a world of nearly bezel-less smartphones. But the highlight of the phone is that it’s a rugged device.
According to the Moto Defy specs sheet leaked by Evan Blass, the device is IP68 rated for water, dust, dirt, salt and huidity resistant. It has been MIL SPEC 810H certified, and can be washed with soap and disinfectants. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
In a way, the Moto Defy reminds us of the Moto G9 Power, but seems to be more advanced than the latter.