The ASUS ROG Phone II has been officially announced. And here’s what you need to know about the phone.
Unfortuantely, the company has not shared press images of the phone yet, which is why you’re seeing photos from the TENAA listing. The ROG Phone II is equipped with a 6.6-inches AMOLED Full HD+ display which has a 120Hz refresh rate and a19.5:9 aspect ratio. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6 and features an optical In-display fingerprint scanner.
The ASUS Rog Phone II is the first device in the World, to be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor. It has 12GB of RAM, an Adreno 640GPU, and 512GB of storage. Interestingly, ASUS allows the user to choose between running Stock Android Pie or ROG UI, the company’s custom Android version, during the phone’s initial set up.
The phone has dual front-facing stereo speakers, 2 AirTrigger sensors, a primary USB Type-C port on the bottom and an extra USB Type-C port on the side. The ROG phone II is backed by a 6,000mAh battery which you can charge using either port.
In terms of optics, the ROG Phone II sports a 24MP selfie camera.
ASUS ROG Phone II Specs
- Display 6.6-inch AMOLED Full HD+ (2340×1080 pixels), 120Hz refresh rate, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 108% DCI-P3, 10000:1 contrast, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, HDR, Optical In-display fingerprint scanner
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus
- Operating System: ROG UI/Stock Android 9 Pie (user’s choice)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 512GB UFS 3.0
- Selfie Camera: 24MP
- Main Cameras: 48MP Sony IMX586, 13MP wide-angle 125° FOV
- Battery: 6,000mAh
- Ports: USB Type-C side-port, USB-C main port
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ad 5GHz, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0 GPS/GLONASS/BDS/Galileo/QZSS
- Dimensions: 170.99 x 77.6 x 9.48 mm
- Weight: 240g
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Digital compass, Gyroscope, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor
- Misc: 3.5mm headphone jack, Dual front-facing stereo speakers, Google ARCore support, Aura RGB lighting, 3D vapor chamber, 2 x AirTrigger sensors (ultrasonic)
ASUS has not announced the price of the ROG Phone II yet. The device will be launched tomorrow in China, which is when the price is also expected to be revealed.