The ASUS ROG Phone 2 specs have been confirmed ahead of the device’s launch, thanks to TENAA. And here is what we know about the upcoming gaming phone.
The ROG Phone 2 sports a 6.59-inch OLED Full HD+ display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It doesn’t have a notch, but has a very large chin and a slightly thinner forehead, with noticeable bezels running around the edges, not unlike its predecessor.
However, ASUS has utilized the chin and forehead to embed dual front facing speakers on the ROG Phone 2. A selfie camera is visible on the corner of the forehead. The display has a 120GHz refresh rate, according to a teaser poster by ASUS.
The back panel of the ROG Phone 2 has a glossy black finish, with a ROG logo and the Republic of Gamers text branding. The logo could feature an RGB Aura light, like the original ROG Phone.
There is a horizontal camera bump on the rear, which houses dual cameras which according to the ROG Phone 2 specs are a 48MP and 24MP sensors. The absence of a fingerprint scanner on the back panel is intriguing, but we cannot say if it the ROG Phone 2 has an in-display sensor or a side-mounted one.
The ROG Phone 2 specs sheet on TENAA’s pages 1 and 2, reveal that the device is equipped with a massive 5,800 mAh battery. Naturally that means the phone is on the heavier side, at 240g. The device measures 170.99 x 77.6 x 9.78 mm.
ASUS ROG Phone 2 specs
- Display: 6.59-inch FullHD+ 2340 x 1080 pixels OLED, 120Hz refresh rate, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie
- Processor: 2.96 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus
- Memory: 8GB/12GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB/512GB/1TB
- Main Cameras: 48MP + 24MP, Dual LED Flash, 4K video recording
- Battery: 5,800mAh
- Dimensions: 170.99 x 77.6 x 9.78mm
- Sensos: Gravity sensor, distance sensor, light sensor
- Weight: 240g
- Colour: Black
- Model number: ASUS_I001DA and ASUS_I001DB