The Xiaomi Mi 9 has been launched in China. Sadly, the flagship phone does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The device is equipped with a 6.39-inch Full HD+ display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6, and has a 90.7% screen to body ratio. The Mi 9 runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with 6GB/8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 flaunts a 20 MP selfie camera, and triple rear cameras. The lenses comprise of a 48MP Sony IMX 586 sensor with an f/1.75 aperture, a 12MP Samsung S5K3M5 Telephoto lens that supports 2x optical zoom, an f/2.2 aperture and a 16MP Sony IMX 481 117° ultra wide angle lens with an f/2.2 aperture and dual LED flash. The phone is backed by a 3,300 mAh battery that charges over USB Type C. The Mi 9 even sports a dedicated Google Assistant button.
Here is a recap of the Xiaomi Mi 9 tech specs.
Xiaomi Mi 9 tech specs
- Display: 6.39-inch Full HD+ Samsung AMOLED, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, 90.7% screen to body ratio, 103.8% NTSC wide color gamut, 600 nit brightness, 60000:1 contrast ratio, Sunlight mode 2.0, High brightness mode, water-drop notch, Reading mode 2.0, Screen dimming
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB
- Camera config: Triple lenses + scratch-resistant sapphire glass cover, closed-loop motor + Dual LED Flash
- Primary lens- 48MP Sony IMX 586, 0.8μm pixel size, 1/2″ image sensor, 79° FOV, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel 12MP, f/1.75 aperture, 6P lens
- Telephoto lens – 12MP Samsung S5K3M5, 2x optical zoom, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture 6P lens, Autofocus + 1/3.6″ image sensor, FOV 43.6 °
- Ultra Wide angle lens – 16MP Sony IMX 481, 117° FOV, 4cm macro, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens, Autofocus + LED Flash, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, CDAF
- Selfie Camera:20MP, 0.9μm f / 2.0 aperture
- Sensor: In-screen ambient light sensor, Ultrasonic proximity sensor, In-screen fingerprint sensor 5μm large pixel
- Design: Google Assistant button
- Battery: 3,300 mAh
- Colours: Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue, Piano Black
Xiaomi Mi 9 price
The Xiaomi Mi 9 has been priced at 2,999 RMB (about Rs. 32,000) for the 6GB RAM variant, and at 3,299 RMB (about Rs. 35,000) for the 8GB RAM. There is a 12GB RAM variant with 256GB storage, and a transparent back, called the Xiaomi Mi 9 Transparent Edition which has been priced at 3,999 RMB (about Rs. 42,000).