The Xiaomi Mi 9 tech specs have been officially teased by the company, ahead of the device’s launch. Here’s what we know about the flagship phone so far.
The phone will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, and is equipped with a Full HD+ Samsung AMOLED display with a water-drop notch. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6, and has a high 90.7% screen to body ratio, with a 103.8% NTSC wide color gamut, 600 nit brightness, 60000:1 contrast ratio.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 tech specs indicate an In-screen ambient light sensor, an Ultrasonic proximity sensor, and an In-screen fingerprint sensor with a 5μm large pixel size. The company says that the screen has been optimized for Sunlight mode 2.0, High brightness mode, Reading mode 2.0 and Screen dimming mode.
In terms of optics, the Xiaomi Mi 9 tech specs reveal triple cameras on the back. This consists of a 48MP primary camera with a Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 1/2″ image sensor, which supports 1.6μm pixel size, 4-in-1 Super Pixel 12MP (pixel binning), an f/1.75 aperture and a 6P lens.
The zoom lens is a 12MP telephoto lens which supports 2x optical zoom, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture 6P lens, Autofocus. The third camera is a 16MP ultra-wide lens, with a 117° FOV, 4cm macro photography support, an f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens, Autofocus + LED Flash, and a Laser Autofocus which uses a combination of PDAF and CDAF. The cameras have closed-loop motors and are covered by a scratch-resistant sapphire glass cover.
The Mi 9 will be available in 3 colours: Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue, Piano Black. The official Xiaomi Mi 9 AntuTu benchmark score was 387,851 points.
Xiaomi Mi 9 tech specs
- Display: Full HD+ Samsung AMOLED, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, 90.7% screen to body ratio, 103.8% NTSC wide color gamut, 600 nit brightness, 60000:1 contrast ratio, Sunlight mode 2.0, High brightness mode, water-drop notch, Reading mode 2.0, Screen dimming
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Cameras: Triple lenses 12MP telephoto lens, 2x optical zoom, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture 6P lens, Autofocus + 48MP Sony IMX586, 0.8μm pixel size, 1/2″ image sensor, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel 12MP, f/1.75 aperture, 6P lens + 16MP ultra-wide lens, 117° FOV, 4cm macro, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens, Autofocus + LED Flash, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, CDAF, scratch-resistant sapphire glass cover, closed-loop motor
- Sensor: In-screen ambient light sensor, Ultrasonic proximity sensor, In-screen fingerprint sensor 5μm large pixel
- Colours: Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue, Piano Black
Image credits: Xiaomi
The Xiaomi Mi 9 is set to be launched on February 20th, in China. Stay tuned to AndroidPure for more information about the phone.