The Xiaomi 12 and 12 Pro have been launched in China, as scheduled. Here is everything that you need to know about the next-gen flagship phones.
The device sports a 6.28-inches Full HD+ LCD display with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, a pixel density of 419 PPI, 120Hz Refresh Rate, and 480Hz Touch sampling rate. The screen supports DCI-P3 colour gamut, 1100 nits brightness, Dolby Vision, 5,000,000: 1 Contrast Ratio, HDR10+, 12bit, and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
The Xiaomi 12 Pro is equipped with a 2K AMOLED display with a resolution of 3200 x 1440 pixels, and supports 1500 nits brightness, 8,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision.
The device runs on MIUI 13, and is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, with 8GB/12GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The Xiaomi 12 packs a 4500mAh battery, that charges over a USB Type-C port, supports 67W Wired Fast Charging, and 50W Wireless Fast Charging. The Pro variant has a sightly larger battery at 4700mAh, but supports 120W Fast Charging.
Both phones have a 32 megapixels selfie sensor housed in a hole-punch cutout. The main rear camera on the Xiaomi 12 is a 50MP Sony IMX 766 sensor with an f/1.88 aperture, optical image stabilization, and is accompanied by a 5MP macro sensor, and a 13MP Ultra-wideangle lens with a 123° FOV, and an f/2.4 aperture. The Pro version has the same secondary and tertiary camera, but the primary lens is a 50MP Sony IMX 707 sensor that has an f/1.9 aperture.
The flagship device supports 5G and 4G mobile networks, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, and Beidou/GPS/Galileo/Glonass/QZSS/NavIC/A-GPS.
Xiaomi 12 specs
- Display: 6.28-inches Full HD+, 2400 x 1080 pixels, 419 PPI, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 480Hz Touch sampling rate, DCI-P3 colour gamut, 1100 nits brightness, Dolby Vision, 5,000,000: 1 Contrast Ratio, HDR10+, 12bit, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Xiaomi 12 Pro: 2K AMOLED, 3200 x 1440 pixels, 1500 nits, brightness, 8,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision
- Processor: Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1
- Memory: 8GB/12GB RAM LPDDR5
- Operating System: MIUI 13
- Battery: 4500mAh, 67W Wired Fast Charging, 50W Wireless Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Xiaomi 12 Pro: 4600mAh, 120W Wired Fast Charging, 50W Wireless Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 50MP Sony IMX 766, f/1.88 aperture, OIS + 5MP Macro lens + 13MP Ultra-wideangle, 123° FOV, f/2.4 aperture
- Pro: 50MP Sony IMX 707, f/1.9 aperture, OIS + 5MP Macro lens + 13MP Ultra-wideangle, 123° FOV, f/2.4 aperture
- Selfie Camera: 32MP, 80.5°FOV
- Connectivity: 5G Dual SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11a/b/g, Dualband 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, Beidou/GPS/Galileo/Glonass/QZSS/NavIC/A-GPS
- Sensors: Ultrasonic distance sensor, Ambient light sensor, Acceleration sensor, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, X axis linear motor, Infrared remote control, Rear light (color temperature) sensor, Flicker sensor
- Dimensions: 152.7 x 69.9 x 8.16mm, Pro: 163.6 x 4.6 x 8.16mm
- Weight: 180g, Pro: 205g
Xiaomi 12 and 12 Pro price in
Xiaomi has priced its new flagship phone at RMB 3199 (about Rs.37,500) in China, for the 8GB/128GB model, and at RMB 3499 (around Rs.41,000) for the 8GB/256GB version. The 12GB/256GB trim carries a price tag of RMB 3799 (approx Rs.44,500).
The Xiaomi 12 Pro price starts at RMB 4699 (around Rs.55,000) for the 8GB/128GB model, while the 8GB/256GB version costs RMB 4999 (approx Rs. 59,000). The 12GB/256GB variant costs RMB 5399 (about Rs. 63,000).