The Vivo Nex 3 5G with Waterfall display announced in China. Here are the phone’s complete tech specs.
The phone sports a 6.89 inches, Full HD+ Waterfall FullView display. It is a Super AMOLED panel with an In-display fingerprint scanner. The display has a 99.6 percent screen-to-body ratio because it has no side-bezels. The Waterfall screen is more curved than normal edge-to-edge panels. If not for the slight chin and forehead, it could have been a 100% bezel-less phone. The screen supports 800 nits brightness, 100% P3 Color Gamut, HDR 10.
Interestingly, the Nex 35G has no physical buttons, and instead relies on Touch sense. It is a pressure sensitive tech that will be assisted by an X-axis Haptic Vibration motor that provides Haptic Feedback.
The Nex 3 runs on Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9 Pie, and is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor with 8GB/12GB of RAM and 128GB/256GB storage.
The Vivo Nex 3 5G boasts triple rear cameras comprising a 64MP primary lens with an f/1.8 aperture, a 13MP super wide-angle/macro lens with an f/2.2 aperture and a 13MP Telephoto lens f/2.48 aperture. The lenses are placed in a triangular formation inside a circular camera bump which the company has termed “Lunar Ring”. The phone has a pop-up selfie camera which houses a 16MP snapper with an f/2.09 aperture.
The phone is backed by a 4500 mAh battery which supports 44W ultra fast flash charging over a USB Type-C port. The Vivo Nex 3 5G variant will support 5G mobile networks, and tri-band Wi-Fi 2.4/5.1/5.8 GHz. Surprisingly the Vivo Nex 3 5G has a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a AK4377A DAC.
Vivo Nex 3 5G Specs
- Display: 6.89 inches, Full HD+ 2256×1080 Waterfall FullView, Super AMOLED, In-display fingerprint scanner, 99.6 percent screen-to-body ratio, 800 nits brightness, 100% P3 Color Gamut, HDR 10
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus
- Memory: 8GB/12GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Battery: 4500 mAh, 44W ultra fast flash charging
- Main Cameras: 64MP f/1.8 aperture+ 13MP super wide-angle/macro lens f/2.2 aperture + 13MP Telephoto lens f/2.48 aperture
- Selfie Camera: 16MP, f/2.09 aperture
- Dimensions: 167.44 x 76.14 x 9.4mm
- Audio: AK4377A
- Weight: 217.3g (Nex 3 5G 218.5g)
- Connectivity: Dual SIM Dual Standby, 5G (Nex 3 5G), Wi-Fi 2.4/5.1/5.8 GHz, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, BDS/GPS/GLONASS/Galileo
Vivo Nex 3 5G price
The Vivo Nex 3 5G price starts at 5698 Yuan (about Rs. 57,000) for the 8GB RAM variant, while the 12GB RAM variant will cost 6198 Yuan (about Rs. 62,000). The regular Nex 3 has been priced at 4998 Yuan (about Rs. 50,000). The phone will be available later this month in China.