Samsung is prepping to launch yet another phone in the M-series. This time, the brand has confirmed the Samsung Galaxy M42 5G India launch date.
The device isn’t a new one, it debuted in the UK about 6 months ago, as the Galaxy A42 5G.
Here’s a brief overview of the 5G capable phone’s technical specifications. The Samsung Galaxy M42 5G is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 750 5G processor, with up to 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of internal storage.
The phone sports a 6.6-inch HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display with an in-display fingerprint reader, and is backed by a 5,000 mAh battery that supports 15W Fast Charging over a USB Type-C connector. The selfie lens on the phone is a 20MP f/2.2 aperture lens.
In the main camera department, the Galaxy M42 5G is equipped with a 48MP primary lens with an f/1.8 aperture, an 8MP ultra wide-angle lens that has an f/2.2 aperture, a 5MP macro camera with an f/2.4 aperture, a 5MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, and an LED Flash.
We expect that the device could run on Android 11 out of the box. An Amazon teaser page confirms that the Samsung Galaxy M42 5G will support Samsung Pay and Knox Security.
Samsung Galaxy M42 5G Specs
- Display: 6.6-inch HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED, In-Display Fingerprint Scanner
- Operating System: One UI based on Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G octa-core
- Memory: 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB + up to 1TB via microSD card
- Battery: 5,000 mAh, USB Type-C, 15W Fast Charging
- Main Cameras: 48MP primary lens, f/1.8 aperture + 8MP ultra wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture, + 5MP macro camera, f/2.4 aperture + 5MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture + LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 20MP f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 75.8 x 8.6 mm
Samsung Galaxy M42 5G expected price in India
Based on what the Galaxy A42 5G costs in the UK, the Samsung Galaxy M42 5G could be priced at about Rs. 36,000. The device will be announced at 12PM on April 28th via a live stream, and will be available exclusively on Amazon India and Samsung.com.