The phone sports a 6.6-inch HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display. The screen has a water-drop notch for the 20MP with an f/2.2 aperture. The device is equipped with an in-display fingerprint scanner.
The Samsung Galaxy A42 5G runs on One UI based on Android 10, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G octa-core processor. The phone has 4GB/6GB/8GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage and supports up to 1TB of additional memory via a microSD card slot.
The Samsung Galaxy A42 5G is backed by a 5,000 mAh battery which charges over a USB Type-C port and supports 15W Fast Charging. The device features quad cameras on the back consisting of a 48MP primary lens with an f/1.8 aperture, an 8MP ultra wide-angle lens that has an f/2.2 aperture, a 5MP macro camera with an f/2.4 aperture, an 5MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 aperture and an LED Flash.
Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Specs
- Display: 6.6-inch HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED, In-Display Fingerprint Scanner
- Operating System: One UI based on Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G octa-core
- Memory: 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB + up to 1TB via microSD card
- Battery: 5,000 mAh, USB Type-C, 15W Fast Charging
- Main Cameras: 48MP primary lens, f/1.8 aperture + 8MP ultra wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture, + 5MP macro camera, f/2.4 aperture + 5MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture + LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 20MP f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 75.8 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 193g