The device has a large display with a water-drop notch at the top, and it houses a 32MP selfie lens which supports Face Unlock.
The Galaxy M Prime is powered by an octa-core Samsung Exynos 9611 processor with a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU and 6GB of LPDDR4x RAM.
The phone will be available in 2 storage options: 64GB/128GB and supports up to 512GB od additional memory via a dedicated microSD card slot. The handset supports Dual SIM with Dual VoLTE.
The main cameras on the Samsung Galaxy M Prime comprises a 5MP Depth sensor that has an f/2.2 aperture, a 5MP Macro sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, a 64MP primary lens with an ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor, an f/1.8 aperture, 0.8µm Pixel Size, an 8MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens that has an f/2.2 aperture and an LED Flash. The phone has a rear placed fingeprint scanner.
The Samsung Galaxy M Prime is backed by a 6000 mAh battery that charges over a USB Type-C connector and supports 15W Fast Charging.
Samsung Galaxy M Prime Specs
- Display: Water-drop notch
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 9611 octa-core (4 x 2.3GHz Cortex-A73 + 4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 6GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage: 64GB/128GB + up to 512GB dedicated microSD card slot
- Battery: 6000 mAh, USB Type-C, 15W Fast Charging
- Main Cameras: 5MP Depth sensor, f/2.2 aperture + 5MP Macro sensor, f/2.4 aperture + 64MP ISOCELL Bright GW1, f/1.8 aperture, 0.8µm Pixel Size + 8MP 123° ultra-wide angle, f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP, 4K video recording, AR Doodle, AR EMoji, Front slo-mo
- Connectivity: Dual SIM with Dual VoLTE
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Virtual Light Sensing
- Security: Rear Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
The Samsung Galaxy M Prime launch date remains a mystery, but it is possible that the phone could be unveiled during the Amazon Great Indian Sale that is scheduled to begin on October 16th for Prime users.