Samsung has announced three new phones in the Galaxy A lineup. The devices are the Samsung Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G and Galaxy A72.
The Samsung Galaxy A52 is equipped with a 6.5-inches Full HD+ Super AMOLED, Infinity-O panel that has 407 PPI of pixel density, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 800 nits brightness and an in-display fingerprint scanner. The punch-hole selfie lens on the phone is a 32MP f/2.2 aperture lens.
The Samsung Galaxy A52 is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor with 6GB/8GB of RAM. It runs on Android 11 with Samsung OneUI 3.1. In terms of storage, the device comes in 2 variants with 128GB/256GB of internal memory, and supports up to 1TB of additional memory via a microSD card slot.
The optics on the phone consists of a quad camera setup with a 12MP f/2.2 Ultra-wide angle lens, a 64MP f/1.8 primary sensor, Optical Image Stabilization, a 5MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, a 5MP macro lens also with an f/2.4 aperture, an LED Flash, and support for up to 10x Digital Zoom.
The Galaxy A52 is backed by a 4,500 mAh battery that supports 25W Fast Charging over a USB Type-C port. The device has been IP67 certified for water and dust resistance.
Samsung Galaxy A52 Specs
- Display: 6.5-inches Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, Super AMOLED, Infinity-O, 407 PPI, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 800 nits, On-Screen Fingerprint Scanner
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G 8nm octa-core
- Operating System: Android 11
Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB + up to 1TB microSD
- Main Cameras: 12MP f/2.2 Ultra-wide angle + 64MP f/1.8, OIS, 5MP depth f/2.4 aperture + 5MP macro f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash, Digital Zoom up to 10X
- Selfie Camera: 32MP f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 4,500 mAh, 25W Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4G + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo
- Dimensions: 75.1 x 159.9 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 189g
Misc: IP67 Water and Dust resistance
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Fingerprint sensor, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Light sensor, Virtual Proximity sensor
- Colours: Awesome Black, Awesome Blue, Awesome Violet and Awesome White
What are the differences between the Samsung Galaxy A52 and Galaxy A52 5G
The Samsung Galaxy A52 5G has the exact same specs, but the display is a 120Hz panel, and it’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G 5G processor which supports 5G mobile networks.
Samsung Galaxy A72
The Samsung Galaxy A72 is quite similar to the Galaxy A52, except the former has a 6.7-inches Full HD+ 90Hz display with 394 PPI, and is backed by a 5,000 mAh battery.
It skips the macro sensor, and instead has an 8MP f/2.4 Telephoto camera with support for Optical Image Stabilization, 3X Optical Zoom and 30X Digital Zoom.
Samsung Galaxy A52, A52 5G and Galaxy A72 prices
The Samsung Galaxy A52 price has been set at 349 Euros (about Rs. 30,000). The Samsung Galaxy A52 5G costs 429 Euros (About Rs. 37,000). The Samsung Galaxy A72 price is 449 Euros (About Rs. 39,000).