The device has been gaining positive reviews, which is not surprising considering Xiaomi’s popularity in India.The time-frame taken to switch from flash sales to open sale, is however surprising. In comparison, it took about a month and a half for the regular Redmi Note 7 to make the same switch.
Here’s a quick reminder ecap of the new device’s hardware.
Redmi Note 7S Specs
- Display: 6.3-inch FHD+ 2340 x 1080 pixels, Dot Notch display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 (front and back)
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 2.2GHz
- Memory: 3GB/4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB internal + upto 512GB microSD (Hybrid Dual SIM)
- Rear Cameras: 48MP 1/2″ sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.6μm Super Pixel
- Selfie Camera: 13MP
- Battery: 4000 mAh, Quick Charge 2.0 (in the box), supports Quick Charge 3.0
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: USB Type-C port, 3.5mm headphone jack, IR Blaster
- Colours: Onyx Black, Sapphire Blue and Ruby Red
Redmi Note 7S open sale
Not to nitpick, but we have to point out that ever since the Redmi Note 7 was made available for open sale, it has always been sold out. In the meanwhile, the fact that the pricier Note 7 Pro has always been in stock gives us some food for thought.