The Redmi K30 and Redmi K30 5G have been announced in China. The latter is the first phone to come with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 processor that was unveiled recently.
Let’s take a look at the regular variant first. The Redmi K30 sports a 6.67-inches Full HD+ LCD display with HDR 10 support and has dual punch-hole selfie cameras. The device has a glass sandwich design with the front and rear panels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The phone runs on MIUI 11 based on Android 10 and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G processor clocked at 2.2GHz. The fingerprint scanner is mounted on the side of the frame.
The K30 has 6GB/8GB of RAM and will be available with 64GB/128GB/256GB of UFS 2.1 flash storage. The device has a Hybrid SIM tray which supports 2 Nano SIM cards or one SIM and a microSD card.
The Redmi K30 is backed by a 4500mAh battery which supports 27W fast charging over a USB Type-C port. The phone retains the 3.5mm headphone jack.
The main cameras on the Redmi K30 consist of a quad camera setup with a 64MP Sony IMX 686 lens with an f/1.89 aperture, accompanied by an 8MP ultra wide-angle lens, with a 120° field-of-view, an f/2.2 aperture, a 2MP Super Macro Lens with 2cm focus, an f/2.4 aperture, and a 2MP Depth sensor, with an f/2.4 aperture, 10x digital zoom and a dual LED flash.
The primary selfie lens on the K30 is a 20MP lens with an 0.8μm pixel size and a 78° field-of-view and it’s accompanied by a 2MP Portrait lens with a 1.75μm pixel size and 83° FOV.
Redmi K30 Specs
- Display: 6.67-inches Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 120Hz refresh rate HDR 10, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G @2.2GHz
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage: 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 + up to 512GB microSD card
- Battery: 4500mAh, USB Type-C, 27W fast charging
- Main Cameras: 64MP Sony IMX 686, 0.8μm pixel size, 1/1.7-inch sensor size, 4-in-1 1.6μm large pixel binning f/1.89 aperture, FOV 79° + 8MP 120 ° ultra wide-angle lens, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP 2cm Super Macro Lens, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, AF + 2MP Depth sensor, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, 10x digital zoom, Monochrome dual LED flash
- Front camera:20MP 0.8μm pixel size, FOV 78° + 2MP Portrait lens 1.75μm pixel size, FOV 83°
- Dimensions: 165.3 × 76.6 × 8.79 mm
- Weight: 208g
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G LTE, VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4/5 GHz, WiFi Direct, WiFi Display, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS, support A-GPS, Beidou, Glonass, Galileo, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensors: Ultrasonic distance sensor, Ambient light sensor, Acceleration sensor, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, Vibration Motor
Redmi K30 5G
The Redmi K30 5G has nearly the same internals, except for the chipset. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 processor with an Adreno 620 GPU.
Redmi K30 price in China
The Redmi K30 has been priced at 1599 RMB (about Rs.16,000) in China for the 6GB/64GB variant. The 6GB/128GB version will cost RMB 1,699 (about Rs 17,000), the 8GB/128GB carries a price tag of RMB 1,899 (about Rs 19,000) and the 8GB/256GB model will be available for RMB 2,199 (about Rs 22,000).
The Redmi K30 5G price starts at RMB 1,999 (about Rs 20,000) for the 6GB/64GB version, RMB 2,299 (about Rs 23,000) for the 6GB/128GB model, at RMB 2,599 (about Rs 26,000) for the 8GB/128GB version and at RMB 2,899 (about Rs 29,200) for the 8GB/256GB variant.