A few days ago Redmi began teasing a new phone in India, called the Redmi 9 Power. And now the launch date for the device has been officially confirmed. The phone is all set to be unveiled on December 17th.
The Redmi 9 Power is expected to be a rebranded version of the new Redmi Note 9 4G that was introduced in China about a month ago. Here’s a refresher of the device’s technical information.
Redmi 9 Power specs
- Display: 6.53-inches LCD Full HD+ 1080 × 2340 pixels, Water-drop notch, 90.34% screen-to-body ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 395ppi, 400 nits brightness
- Operating system: MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- Processor: 2.0GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage 128GB/128GB UFS 2.2 + up to 512GB via dedicated microSD card slot
- Battery: 6,000 mAh, USB Type-C, 18W Fast Charging, 22.5W fast charger in-box
- Main Cameras: 48MP f/1.79 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, FOV 79° + 8MP ultra wide-angle lens 120° FOV, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP Depth Sensor, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture + LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, FOV 77.8°
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Audio: Dual Speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou / Galileo
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Electronic compass, Vibration motor, IR Blaster
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 77.28 x 9.6mm
- Weight: 198g
Redmi has also put up a teaser page on Amazon India’s website, which confirms the name of the device and the launch date. That of course means the Redmi 9 Power will be sold exclusively on Amazon India. One of the new teaser images shows that the phone will come in 4 colours.
The Redmi Note 9 4G is also available in 4 colourways in China, so it is likely to be the same shades.
The Xiaomi-sub brand will announce the device at 12 noon on December 17th, via its online channels.