Xiaomi’s sub-brand Redmi looks set to announce a new phone. The company’s latest tweet hints at the Redmi 9 Power India launch. The device could be a rebranded version of the Redmi Note 9 4G that debuted recently in China.
In case you missed it, Redmi announced three new phones in the Redmi Note 9 series in its home turf. While the other two were 5G devices, the Redmi Note 9 4G was a budget friendly phone.
The Redmi 9 Power India launch teaser page that confirms that the phone will have a 48MP camera, and a massive battery.
This tallies nicely with the Redmi Note 9 4G which has a quad camera setup with a 48MP primary lens, and a 6000mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging. This is what the phone looks like.
Here’s a recap of the device’s internals.
Redmi 9 Power specs
- Display: 6.53-inches LCD Full HD+ 1080 × 2340 pixels, Water-drop notch, 90.34% screen-to-body ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 395ppi, 400 nits brightness
- Operating system: MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- Processor: 2.0GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage 128GB/128GB UFS 2.2 + up to 512GB via dedicated microSD card slot
- Battery: 6,000 mAh, USB Type-C, 18W Fast Charging, 22.5W fast charger in-box
- Main Cameras: 48MP f/1.79 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, FOV 79° + 8MP ultra wide-angle lens 120° FOV, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP Depth Sensor, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture + LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, FOV 77.8°
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Audio: Dual Speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou / Galileo
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Electronic compass, Vibration motor, IR Blaster
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 77.28 x 9.6mm
- Weight: 198g
The company is yet to reveal the Redmi 9 Power India launch date, but it says that it will be coming soon.