The Redmi 9 India launch date has been confirmed by the company. The phone will be released as an Amazon exclusive.
In case you missed it, the brand rebranded the global Redmi 9 as the Redmi 9 Prime in India. So, what is the upcoming phone?
Teaser pages of the device have popped up on the retail website and on Redmi’s portal, and they point to a different phone.
According to one of the images, the Redmi 9 will have offer good performance, an immersive display, and long battery life. The phone will run on MIUI 12 out of the box.
The Redmi 9 India launch teaser shows off the device’s design, and it has a display with a water-drop notch. The phone will have AI dual cameras, and this teaser is the most important one. The camera bump on the phone is square shaped, and looks identical to the Redmi 9C that was launched earlier in Malaysia.
So, it appears that the Redmi 9 India variant is nothing but a rebranded version of the Redmi 9C.
Redmi 9 Specs
- Display: 6.53-inch HD+ 1600 x 720 pixels, LCD, Dot-drop display, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Operating System: MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G35 octa-core
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB + upto 512GB via microSD card
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 10W fast charging, Micro USB
- Main Cameras: 13MP f/2.2 aperture + 2MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture + 2MP macro lens, f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 5MP f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 77.07 x9 mm
- Weight: 196g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, 3.5mm audio jack
- Misc: Rear-placed fingerprint scanner
Redmi 9 India launch date
The Redmi 9 India launch date has been set for August 25th.
Redmi 9 price in India
Based on the Redmi 9C’s price in Malaysia, we can expect the Redmi 9 price in India to start at Rs. 7,500. However, Xiaomi has recently been increasing the prices of its phones, so we wouldn’t be surprised if the device debuts at a higher price.