Xiaomi has just unveiled the Redmi 8A in India. The budget phone boasts quite a few premium features.
The device is equipped with a 6.22-inches HD Dot Notch display, that is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. There is a Redmi logo on chin bezel.
The phone runs on MIUI, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor with 2GB/3GB of RAM. The Redmi 8A has 32GB of storage and features a dedicated microSD card which is part of a triple card tray.
In the optics department, the phone has a single camera with a 12MP Sony IMX363 Sensor, that has a 1.4μm pixel size, an f/1.8 aperture, supports Dual Phase Detect Autofocus, and AI portrait mode. The selfie lens is an 8MP front camera housed in the water drop notch, and it supports AI Face Unlock.
The Redmi 8A has a Aura wave grip patterned back panel. There is no fingerprint scanner on the phone. The device is P2i splash proof, has a 3.5mm headphone jack and supports Wireless FM Radio.
The device is backed by a 5000 mAh that supports 18W fast charging over the USB Type-C port. But the Redmi 8A only comes with a 10W charger in the box.
Redmi 8A specs
- Display: 6.22-inches HD Dot Notch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 Octa-core
- Memory: 2GB/3GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB + Dedicated microSD card (Triple card tray)
- Main Camera: 12MP Sony IMX363 Sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, Dual Phase Detect Autofocus, f/1.8 aperture, AI portrait mode, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP, Face Unlock
- Battery: 5000 mAh, USB Type-C 18W fast charging support, 10W charger in the box
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Misc: P2i splash proof
- Colours: Midnight Black, Ocean Blue, Sunset Red
Redmi 8A price in India
The Redmi 8A has been priced at Rs. 6,499 in India, for the 2GB RAM version. The 3GB variant will cost Rs. 6,999. The device will go on sale at 11:59 PM on September 29th, on Flipkart and Mi.com. The phone will be available in offline stores soon.