The device is already listed on China Telecom in China, and here’s what we know about the phone.
The Redmi 8 is equipped with a 6.21-inches HD+ display with a water-drop notch. The chin bezel is a bit large and sports a Redmi logo. The phone runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor, with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage.
The phone has an 8MP selfie scanner housed in the notch and features dual rear cameras with a 12MP primary sensor and a 2MP secondary lens placed in a vertical bump along with a fingerprint scanner, with an LED Flash above the cameras. The Redmi 8 is backed by a 5000mAh battery which charges over a USB Type-C port. The phone has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Redmi 8 India launch date
The Redmi 8 India launch date is set for October 9th. The official teaser reveals that the Redmi 8 supports fast charging.
Redmi 8 specs
- Display: 6.21-inches HD+ 1520 × 720 pixels, water-drop notch
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB storage, up to 256GB microSD
- Rear Cameras: 12MP + 2MP, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP
- Battery: 5000mAh, USB Type-C, Fast charging
- Dimensions: 156.33 × 75.4 × 9.4 mm
- Weight: 188g
- Misc: Fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Colours: Red, Green, Blue, Carbon Ash
It is unclear whether the Redmi Note 8 could be launched in India, alongside the Redmi 8. That being said, we only have to wait about a week to know the answer to that mystery.