The Redmi 7A India launch could happen soon. That’s according to Anuj Sharma, the Head of Marketing at Xiaomi India.
The news comes via an interview with 91Mobiles, where Sharma confirmed that the company is indeed working on bringing the device here.
While we await for it to make its way here, let’s take a look at the phone’s spec sheet. The Redmi 7A was launched about a month ago in China.
Redmi 7A specs
- Display: 5.45-inch HD+ 1440 x 720 pixels, 2.5D curved glass display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Memory: 2GB/3GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB/32GB +up to 256GB via microSD
- Battery: 4000mAh
- Main Camera: 13MP, LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 5MP
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual SIM cards, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, FM Radio, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dimensions: 146.30 x 70.41 x 9.55 mm
- Weight: 150g
- Colours: Black and Blue.
Redmi 7A India launch teased
While there is no exact launch date yet, Sharma gave a slight hint when we could expect the phone to debut in our Country. He said that the Redmi 7A India launch will either happen a few days within the Redmi K20 announcement, or on stage along with the much awaited “flagship killer”. The latter is said to arrive sometime in the 3rd week of July, between the 15th – 17th.
The Redmi 7A India price could start at around Rs. 5,500, because that’s what it retails for in China (RMB 549), while the 3GB RAM/32GB storage variant could set you back by about Rs. 8,000 (RMB 799)