The Flipkart listing has confirmed that Poco X2 features a 120Hz Display which again points to the fact that this may in fact is the re-branded Redmi K30.
The Poco X2 launch date has been confirmed. The company has put up teaser page on its website to outline some of its features.
Poco X2 launch date
The listing spotted by Mukul Sharma, reveals the Poco X2 launch date. The device will be announced on February 4th.
Poco X2 launch teasers
The first image has a cooling pipe which hints that the device could be a gaming phone, and says that it will “Run Cool. Run Forever”. Also seen in the image is a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-Port, a mic and a speaker grille on the bottom of the phone. The poster also teases that the Poco X2 could support fast charging.
The second picture talks about the camera on the phone, and the clue mentions “6_6” which is obviously the Sony IMX 686 sensor. It will use a 64MP camera lens and has a 1/1.72-inch sensor size.
The Poco X2 will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. The company’s GM has already confirmed that the device will come with a high amount of RAM and a premium processor.
A Geekbench for the device listing shows that it has 8GB of RAM, runs on Android 10 and is powered by an octa-core processor with a clock frequency of 1.80Hz and the name Phoenixin. This could be the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 (non 5G variant).
The third Poco X2 launch teaser says that the Poco X2 has an extreme refresh rate for extreme gaming. Could it have a 120Hz display? It appears so, 90Hz can be considered high, but extreme? It has to be 120Hz.
The Poco X2 appears to be a rebranded version of the Redmi K30 5G that was launched in China. It has a 6.67-inches Full HD+ LCD display with a 120Hz refresh rate, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 processor and Adreno 620 GPU. However, the company could opt for the non-5G variant of the chipset to keep the price low.
It comes with 6GB/8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 storage with a microSD card slot, a 4500mAh battery that supports 27W fast charging. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The device has a dual punch-hole display with a 20MP lens that has a FOV of 78° and a 2MP Portrait lens with a FOV 83°. The main cameras comprise a 64MP Sony IMX 686 lens with an f/1.89 aperture, an 8MP ultra wide-angle lens with an f/2.2 aperture 120° field-of-view, a 2MP Super Macro Lensan f/2.4 aperture 2cm focus, a 2MP Depth sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, 10x digital zoom and a dual LED flash.
Poco X2 Specs
- Operating System: MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Main Cameras: 64MP Sony IMX 686, 0.8μm pixel size, 1/1.7-inch sensor size, 4-in-1 1.6μm large pixel binning f/1.89 aperture, FOV 79° + 8MP 120 ° ultra wide-angle lens, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP 2cm Super Macro Lens, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, AF + 2MP Depth sensor, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, 10x digital zoom, Monochrome dual LED flash
- Dimensions: 165.3 × 76.6 × 8.79 mm
- Weight: 208g
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G LTE, VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4/5 GHz, WiFi Direct, WiFi Display, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS, support A-GPS, Beidou, Glonass, Galileo, 3.5mm headphone jack
The Poco X2 launch date is about a week away, expect more teasers and leaks before then.