Oppo unveiled its next smartphone in F series i.e. Oppo F5 at an event in Manila Philippines just few days ago.Just a week later, the selfie focussed Oppo F5 has landed in India. It is the successor of Oppo F3 and F3 Plus launched six months back. After India, the device is expected to be launched in Russia and Southeast Asian markets of Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, & Vietnam.
Oppo F5 sports a 6.0-inch 18:9 FHD+ full-screen display with a resolution of 2160 × 1080 pixels, 2.5D curved glass with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and is powered by 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 processor along with ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU. In terms of RAM and ROM, two variants are announced i.e. 4GB RAM + 32GB storage, 6GB RAM + 64GB storage. Oppo will launch the F5 Youth later
Oppo F5 runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) based operating system with ColorOS 3.2 on top of it. In terms of camera, it features a 20MP front shooter with f/2.0 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor and another 16MP main rear camera with LED flash having f/1.8 aperture. The fingerprint sensor is located on the rear panel instead of inside the front home button. There is no front home button and on-screen navigation menu buttons are used. It comes with support for Dual SIM (nano + nano) and includes FM radio too.
The phone is backed by a 3200 mAh non-removable battery. In terms of dimension, it measures 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm and weighs 152 grams.
Oppo F5 Specifications
- Display: 6-inch 18:9 FHD+ full-screen with resolution of 2160 × 1080 pixels, 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 processor + ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU
- RAM + ROM: 4GB RAM + 32GB storage, 6GB RAM + 64GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Misc: Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, FM Radio
- Main Camera: 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- Front Camera: 20MP with f/2.0 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 152g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 3200 mAh
Oppo F5 is priced at INR 19,990 the F5 (Gold and Black Edition) which goes on sale from November 9th in both online and offline market. It will be available online through Flipkart. Apart from the standard variant, two other models have also launched at the event i.e. Oppo F5 6GB edition which is priced at INR 24,990 (Red and Black Edition) and the Oppo F5 Youth (Black and Gold Edition). These two variants will be available in December and at the moment, pricing details of Oppo F5 Youth variant are not announced. OPPO also announced a new brand ambassador, youth icon and Bollywood superstar– Sidharth Malhotra in addition to Deepika Padukone.