As expected, Oppo has unveield its next smartphone in F series i.e. Oppo F5 at an event in Manila Philippines. Oppo F5 is the successor of Oppo F3 and F3 Plus launched almost six months back and is scheduled to be launched in India on November 2 followed by Russia and Southeast Asian markets of Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, & Vietnam.
Oppo F5 sports a 6.0-inch 18:9 FHD+ full-screen display with resolution of 2160 × 1080 pixels, 2.5D curved glass with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and is powered by 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 processor along with ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU. In terms of RAM and ROM, two variants are announced i.e. 4GB RAM + 32GB storage, 6GB RAM + 64GB storage though only 4GB RAM variant will be available at the moment. Oppo will launch the F5 6GB edition and the F5 Youth later
Oppo F5 runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) based operating system with ColorOS 3.2 on top of it. In terms of camera, it features a 20MP front shooter with f/2.0 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor and another 16MP main rear camera with LED flash having f/1.8 aperture. The fingerprint sensor is located on the rear panel instead of inside the front home button. There is no front home button and on screen navigation menu buttons are used. It comes with support for Dual SIM (nano + nano) and includes FM radio too.
The phone is backed by a 3200 mAh non-removable battery. In terms of dimension, it measures 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm and weighs 152 grams.
Oppo F5 Specifications
- Display: 6-inch 18:9 FHD+ full-screen with resolution of 2160 × 1080 pixels, 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 processor + ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU
- RAM + ROM: 4GB RAM + 32GB storage, 6GB RAM + 64GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Misc: Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, FM Radio
- Main Camera: 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- Front Camera: 20MP with f/2.0 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 152g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 3200 mAh
Oppo F5 comes will be available in colour options such as Gold, Black and Red. It is priced at 15,990 Philippine Peso (~US$ 310 / Rs. 20,000) for the 4GB RAM + 32GB storage variant and is available for pre-order in Philipinnes till November 3rd. It goes on sale from November 4th.