Oppo has posted an official teaser image of its upcoming phone. The photo confirms the Oppo F9 notch display design.
The poster has been designed creatively by the company, with a waterfall portraying the design of the phone. Of course, there is an outline of the device in the poster, which indicates the Oppo F9 Notch display.
Oppo F9 notch display design
The tagline of the device is “The breaking new vision”, which suggests that the phone could have a revolutionary design. What could it be? Well, what do we have here? Some leaked photos which shows the Oppo F9 notch display.
That’s absolutely insane, isn’t it? The notch just has the selfie lens, and the bezels look minimal too, so we can expect that the phone will have a ridiculously high screen to body ratio. A leaked photo which we found on Weibo, shows that the phone’s display panel has a large cutout above the notch, which could be where the earpiece of the phone is located.
Oppo calls the design, Waterdrop screen, which refers to the Oppo F9 notch display design, which is as minimalistic as a drop of water.
Well, if the rest of the front panel has no bezels, then the device could live up to its name. But we can’t help but wonder where the proximity sensor, and ambient light sensor of the phone will be.
We don’t know the Oppo F9 specs yet, but here is a recap of its predecessors spec sheet.
OPPO F7 specifications
- Display: 6.23-inch Full HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) 19:9 IPS display, 88% screen-to-body ratio
- CPU: Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P60 processor with 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- RAM + ROM: 4GB + 64GB, 6GB + 128GB; expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Misc: Dual SIM, Dedicated MicroSd slot, Fingerprint sensor, Dirac HD
- OS: ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Main Rear Camera: 16MP with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- Front Camera: 25MP, f/2.0 aperture, HDR, Sony IMX576 sensor
- Dimensions: 156 x 75.3 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 158g
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery: 3400mAh
We can expect similar, if not better specs for the F9.
Oppo continues its tradition of naming the phone’s in the F series, with an odd number. The previous devices in the lineup in reverse chronological order were the Oppo F7, F7 Plus, F5, F3. We can also say the same about the R series the lineup of which boasts the Oppo R5, R7, R9, R11, and R15.