As expected, Oppo has launched a new smartphone under F series i.e. Oppo F7 which is the successor to Oppo F5 and targets those consumers who prefer the selfie camera quality over everything else in the smartphone. Oppo F7 offers a 25MP front selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture, HDR, Sony IMX576 sensor and includes AI assisted beauty mode. It also comes with a notch at top of the 6.23-inch Full HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) 19:9 IPS display similar to what we have seen in iPhone X. This is the second selfie smartphone launch in a span of three days after Vivo V9.
Under the hood, Oppo F7 is powered by Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P60 processor along with two variants in terms of RAM & ROM combinations i.e. 4GB + 64GB, 6GB + 128GB. The phone runs on ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo) based operating system.
Apart from the 25MP front shooter, Oppo F7 features a 16MP main rear camera with LED flash with f/1.8 aperture. The phone is backed by a 3400 mAh battery but there is no support for fast charging. The fingerprint sensor is placed on the rear panel.
OPPO F7 specifications
- Display: 6.23-inch Full HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) 19:9 IPS display, 88% screen-to-body ratio
- CPU: Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P60 processor with 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- RAM + ROM: 4GB + 64GB, 6GB + 128GB; expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Misc: Dual SIM, Dedicated MicroSd slot, Fingerprint sensor, Dirac HD
- OS: ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Main Rear Camera: 16MP with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- Front Camera: 25MP, f/2.0 aperture, HDR, Sony IMX576 sensor
- Dimensions: 156 x 75.3 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 158g
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery: 3400mAh
OPPO F7 will be available in colour options of Solar Red & Moonlight Silver. It is priced at Rs. 21,990 for the 4GB RAM variant while the 6GB RAM variant in Sunrise Red colour is priced at Rs. 26,990. Oppo F7 will be available via online retailers such as Flipkart and offline stores starting April 9th.