The OnePlus 10 Pro has just been announced in China, as planned. What does the 2022 flagship phone bring to the table? Let’s find out.
The phone is equipped with a 6.7-inch QHD+ 3216 x 1440 pixels AMOLED display with curved edges. The screen has a 20.1:9 Aspect Ratio, 120Hz Dynamic Refresh Rate (1-120), a pixel density of 525 PPI, 92.7% screen-to-body ratio, 5000000:1 Contrast Ratio, and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus. The panel supports 1300 Nits Brightness, and is home to an In-Display Fingerprint Scanner.
The device runs on ColorOS 12.1 based on Android 12, and is powered by a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 octa-core processor clocked at 3.0GHz. It has 8GB/12GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The main camera set up on the OnePlus 10 Pro comprises a 48 megapixels Sony IMX 789 sensor with an f/1.8 aperture, Optical Image Stabilization, a 50MP Samsung ISOCELL JN1 lens that supports 150° ultra wide-angle, has an f/2.2 aperture, an 8MP Telephoto lens with an f/2.4aperture, 3.3x Optical Zoom, OIS, and LED Flash. The selfie snapper on the front is a 32 megapixels Sony IMX 615 sensor that has an f/2.4 aperture, and supports Face Unlock.
OnePlus has packed a 5000mAh battery in the OnePlus 10 Pro, and it supports 80W wired fast charging and 50W wireless fast charging over a USB Type-C port. The phone measures 163 x 73.9 x 8.55mm and weighs 200.5g. It supports 5G and 4G mobile networks, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC among other connectivity options.
OnePlus 10 Pro specs
- Display: 6.7-inch QHD+ 3216 x 1440 pixels, AMOLED, 20.1:9 Aspect Ratio, 120Hz Dynamic Refresh Rate (1-120),525 PPI, 92.7% screen-to-body ratio, 5000000:1 Contrast Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, 1300 Nits Brightness, In-Display Fingerprint Scanner
- Operating System: ColorOS 12.1 based on Android 12
- Processor: Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 octa-core @ 3.0GHz
- Memory: 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1
- Main Cameras: 48MP Sony IMX 789, f/1.8 aperture, Optical Image Stabilization, 50MP Samsung ISOCELL JN1, 150° ultra wide-angle, f/2.2 aperture, 8MP Telephoto, f/2.4aperture, 3.3x Optical Zoom, OIS, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP Sony IMX 615, f/2.4 aperture, Face Unlock
- Battery: 5000mAh, USB Type-C, 80W SuperVOOC Flash Charge fast charging, 50W Wireless Flash Charge
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2/4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.2, NNFC. GPS/A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Proximity Sensor
- Dimensions: 163 x 73.9 x 8.55mm
- Weight: 200.5g
- Colours: Volcanic Black, Emerald Forest
OnePlus 10 Pro price
OnePlus has priced the OnePlus 10 Pro starting at RMB 4699 (about Rs. 55,000) for the 8GB/128GB version, while the 8GB/256GB trim costs RMB 4999 (around Rs. 58,000). The top-end model with 12GB/256GB carries a price tag of RMB 5299 (approx Rs. 62,000). The flagship phone will go on sale from January 13th in China, and will be available in 2 colourways: Volcanic Black, and Emerald Forest.