It is hard to believe that our beloved Samsung Galaxy S Advance has come this far.
OmniROM is a upcoming and popular custom ROM for Android devices, and it is more similar to AOSP than CyanogenMod.
This is the first version of the ROM for the S Advance and it has a few minor bugs, some of which we can fix.
- LEDs (Back & Menu). Can be fixed by installing Xposed Framework and GravityBox Xposed Module.
- Compass needs to be calibrated, use “GPS Status” on Google Play.
- NFC ( GT-I9070P Only ).
Disclaimer: Take a complete backup of your phone,apps and data before proceeding. AndroidPure and the Author are not responsible for any damage you incur.
Note: OmniROM Kernel has TWRP as default recovery, and you cannot restore CWM backups with it.
Always make sure that the MD5 checksum of your downloaded files matches the one given on the server.
How to install OmniROM 4.3:
- Download ROM from here (MD5: 7eac8109585a63b790ae76d544476863).
- Download Google apps (GAPPS) here (MD5 : 1f51b5cc6370c1f45dc951109b6ce6ed).
- Place both files on your SDCard and reboot to recovery. (Key Combo: Volume Up+Power+Home).
- Wipe Data /Factory Reset.
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Wipe /System.
- Install the ROM by choosing “Install the Zip from External Storage” and selecting the OmniROM file.
- Install GAPPS similarly.
- Reboot the phone.
How to root the phone:
Download the Superuser zip file from here. The file name should be UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip. (MD5: ECC25EAD04672952A59470105AFE8704).
Place it on your phone’s SD Card and flash it from recovery. Reboot the phone.
And we have more good news, the OmniROM includes a feature many users wanted on their device, Multiwindow. To access multiwindow, long press the homebutton and select an app.
Install the Gravitybox Xposed module (linked above) for various tweaks including Center Clock, adding a screenshot button to the power menu, etc. The app has a huge list of options.
You can also access various advanced settings for the ROM from System Settings >Performance.
The developers are also planning to release an Android KitKat 4.4 build soon. We will keep you update once we get a taste of the delicious KitKat ROM.