HMD Global has announced the Nokia 4.2 in India. Though the price may suggest it is a mid-range phone, in reality it is at best an entry level device.
The Nokia 4.2 is equipped with a 5.71-inch HD+ display, with a 19:9 aspect ratio and a water-drop notch and a fairly large chin. The phone runs on Android 9 Pie with Android One, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor with 2GB/3GB of RAM and 16GB/32GB of storage with a microSD card slot that supports upto 400GB of additional storage.
In terms of optics, the Nokia 4.2 sports dual rear cameras with a 13MP primary sensor with an f/2.2 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size, and a 2MP secondary lens with an LED Flash. The selfie camera in the notch is an 8MP sensor with a 12µm pixel size and an f/2.0 aperture, that also supports Face Unlock.
The phone is backed by a 3,000 mAh battery which charges over a micro USB port. It does have a 3.5mm headphone jack and a rear-placed fingerprint scanner. The Nokia 4.2 has a dedicated Google Assistant Button.
Nokia 4.2 Specifications
- Display: 5.71-inch (1520 x 720 pixels), 19:9 aspect ratio, a-Si TFT LCD, 270 PPI, 2.5D glass
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Snapdragon 439
- Memory: 2GB/3GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB/32GB + microSD
- Main Cameras: 13MP f/2.2 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size + 2MP, LED flash, PDAF
- Selfie camera: 8MP f/2.0 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size
- Special: Google Assistant Button, Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Dual 4G, VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery: 3000mAh + micro USB
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, NFC
- Dimensions: 148.95 x 71.30 x 8.39 mm
- Weight: 161g
Nokia 4.2 price in India
The Nokia 4.2 has beeb priced at Rs. 10,990 for the 3GB variant in India. The device will be available in Black and Pink Sand coloirs, from 7th May from Nokia.com. It will be sold through offline channels such as Croma, Reliance, Sangeetha, Poorvika, Big C and MyG from May 14th, and from other retail outlets from May 21st.