Just few days back, Android L Preview was ported to Nexus 4 by the developers at XDA. Now its the turn of another flagship device to get the Android L Preview port. Thanks to the developers at XDA again ( sykopompos, poondog, feltox, manups4e, ssrij), HTC one has finally got the Android L Preview port and if you want to get a taste of it, you can grab the flashable zip file and install it on your HTC one.
Even though the Android L Preview port for Nexus 4 is almost fit for daily use and everything works on it, the port on HTC one is yet not that perfect with the first alpha build.
What doesn’t work
- Sensors (except GPS)
- Everything else except those mentioned above
How to install Android L Preview Ported to HTC One
- Download the ROM flashable zip file from XDA thread (Link at the bottom of this post)
- Save the ROM zip file in Phone’s internal storage/SD card
- Reboot into recovery (must be latest TWRP/CWM)
- Wipe the following partitions: cache, dalvik cache, data and system
- Flash ROM
- First boot after the flash will take 10-15 minutes
As the ROM is just in Alpha stage, you may face issues with stability and features not working or crashing if you decide to flash this ROM. It is not recommended to flash this on your primary device.
Also, keep in mind that many apps don’t work with Android L even on Nexus 5 and Nexus 7. You can find the list of apps not working with Android L here.
But if you do decide to flash it, do share your opinion about it in the comments below.
Source and Image Credits : XDA