Samsung have begun seeding a new OTA update for the Galaxy Grand in India.
The update brings the build number to I9082XXUBNG3, it is still Android 4.2.2, with a few changes.
While there is no official change log yet, Jay reports this:
- Ok Google hotword detection
- Google Drive added as a System app
- Copy to clipboard is now available as a share option
You can check for the update by navigating to Settings > About Phone > Software update > Check for updates. If you haven’t received the update over-the-air, you can manually download the update and flash it through the stock recovery.
NOTE: Your device must be running the Stock ROM I9082XXUBMK3, and should be unrooted for this update to work. Do NOT try to flash this update on any other firmware. You can find the build number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
How to install the official UBNG3 Update on Samsung Galaxy Grand:
1. Download the zip file from this page.
2. Copy it to your phone’s external storage.
3. Switch off the phone, and boot to recovery using the key combo Power+Vol Up +Home
4. Select ‘Apply update from external storage’
5. Select ‘MK3-BNG3.zip
6. Wait for the update to finish and reboot your device.
Image Credits and Source: Jay Mehta (XDA)