It’s finally here, six months after its debut in China, the Honor 9X has been officially launched in India as promised. The mid-ranger will compete with the likes of the Realme 5 Pro and Redmi Note 8 Pro.
The Honor 9X though offers a much better design with a nearly bezel-less display with a 6.59-inches Full HD+ screen and a 16MP popup selfie camera. The phone runs on EMUI 9.1.1 based on Android 9 Pie, and is powered by an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 810 processor that’s paired with 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of storage.
The Honor 9X packs a 4000mAh battery which can be topped up using the USB Type-C port. The device’s camera department consists of a 48MP main camera with an f/1.8 aperture along with a 2MP depth sensor that has an f/2.4 aperture, and an LED flash. Instead of a rear placed sensor, the phone features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Honor 9X specs
- Display: 6.59-inches Full HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 391 PPI, 2.5D curved glass
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 810 octa-core
- Operating System: EMUI 9.1.1 based on Android 9 Pie
- GPU: Mali-G52
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB + up to 512GB via microSD card
- Selfie Camera: 16MP pop-up camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Main Cameras: 48MP f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- Battery: 4000mAh, USB Type-C
- Connectivity: Dual SIM Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 163.1 × 77.2 × 8.8mm
- Weight: 206g
Honor 9X price
The Honor 9X price in India starts at Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB RAM/128GB variant while the 6GB RAM/128GB version costs Rs. 16,999. The phone will be available from Flipkart and Honor India from January 19th. The device comes in 2 colours: Sapphire Blue and Midnight Black. As a special launch offer, the Honor 9X 4GB RAM/128GB variant will be available for Rs. 12,999 during the first sale.