The Xiaomi Play has been announced in China, as scheduled. And here’s what you need to know about the device.
The Xiaomi Play sports a with 5.84-inch Full HD display, with a waterdrop notch design, and a 19:9 aspect ratio. It does have a large chin, which kind of ruins the look of the device.
The phone is powered by a MediaTek Helio P35 processor with 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage. The storage can be expanded via a microSD card slot. The Xiaomi Play has a fingerprint scanner on the back panel.
The device features an 8MP selfie lens, and dual rear cameras comprising of 12MP + 12MP lenses which support Electronic Image Stabilisation. The Xiaomi Play is backed by a 3,000 mAh battery which charges over a USB Type-C port. The phone has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Xiaomi Play Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.84-inch Full HD+ 2280 x 1080 pixels, 432 PPI, 1500:1 contrast ratio, IPS LCD
- Processor: 2.3 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P35
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Rear Camera: 12MP + 12MP, EIS, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4G / 5G), 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C, GPS, AGPS, Glonass, Beidou
- Sensors: Geomagnetic, Gyro, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Distance sensor
- Dimensions: 147.76 x 71.89 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 150g
Xiaomi Play price in China
The Xiaomi Play has been priced at 1099 RMB (about Rs.11,000) in China. The phone will be available in Dream Blue, Gold Twilight and Black colours.