As expected, Xiaomi has just launched their second generation of big phablet device i.e. Xiaomi Mi Max 2 in India. The phablet phone was announced in China in last week of May 2017. Mi Max 2 is priced at Rs. 16,999 in India and will be available through both online & offline retail stores starting July 27. Mi Max is not exclusive to any online store and will be available via Flipkart, Amazon & Tata Cliq. The offline stores where the phone will be available include such as Poorvika, BigC, Sangeetha, Croma, Vijay Sales, eZone, and LOT. If you want it early, Mi Max 2 will be available from 20th July on Mi.com as a part of their 3rd Mi Anniversary. The phone sold in India is “Make in India”.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 sports a full metal unibody with a 6.44-inch Full HD 1080p immersive display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor along with 4 GB of RAM. It comes with 64 GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage via MicroSD card and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android Nougat.
In terms of camera, Mi Max 2 features a 12 MP Sony IMX386 large pixel camera which is the same camera as Xiaomi Mi 6 and another 5 MP front shooter for selfies. The phone is backed by a 5,300 mAh battery along with Quick Charge 3.0 support.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Specifications
- Display: 6.44″ Full HD 1080p display
- Full metal unibody improved one-handed use
- CPU: Snapdragon 625 with 14nm FinFET technology
- Camera: Sony IMX386 1.25-micron camera, same primary rear as Mi 6
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB, expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- OS: MIUI 8 based on Android Nougat
- Battery: 5300 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 + Parallel charging, 68% charge in one hour
- Dimensions: 174.1 x 88.7 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 211 grammes
- Misc: Stereo speakers intelligently switches to stereo in landscape orientation, Rear fingerprint sensor and IR blaster
The phone comes with offers such as 100 GB of 4G data from Jio which can be availed over 10 recharges of Rs. 309 or more, offering additional 10 GB 4G data each month till 31st May 2018.