As expected, Xiaomi has just made official the next generation of its phablet as Xiaomi Mi Max 2 in at an event in Beijing China. Xiaomi Mi Max 2 comes with a full metal unibody with rounded edges and a big display. Xiaomi Mi Max 2 sports a 6.44-inch Full HD 1080p display and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with 14nm FinFET technology and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with 64 GB / 128 GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage via MicroSD card and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android Nougat.
In terms of camera, Mi Max 2 sports a 12 MP Sony IMX386 camera sensor with 1.25μm large pixels with phase detection autofocus PDAF and a 5 MP front shooter with an 85-degree wide-angle lens for selfies. The phone is backed by a 5,300 mAh battery along with Quick Charge 3.0 support that charges up to 68% battery with one-hour charge.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Specifications
- Display: 6.44″ Full HD 1080p display
- Full metal unibody improved one-handed use
- CPU: Snapdragon 625 with 14nm FinFET technology
- Camera: Sony IMX386 1.25-micron camera, same primary rear as Mi 6
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB, expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- OS: MIUI 8 based on Android Nougat
- Battery: 5300 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 + Parallel charging, 68% charge in one hour
- Dimensions: 174.1 x 88.7 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 211 grams
- Misc: Stereo speakers intelligently switches to stereo in landscape orientation, Rear fingerprint sensor and IR blaster
Pricing and Availability
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is priced at 1,699 yuan (~$250 or Rs. 17,000) for the 64 GB variant and 1,999 yuan (~$290 or Rs. 20,000) for the 128 GB variant. At the moment, the phone is available only in China and there is no information on when Xiaomi may launch in other countries such as India.
What do you think of Mi Max 2? Share your opinion with us.